• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 lincoln cent

19 posts in this topic

the mint has released the price for the 2 rollset(p&d)the price is 8.95 plus 4.95 s&h.do you think that is a fair price for the lincoln log cabin penny rolls?

these aren't made for circulation,collectors only.these pennies will have 90%copper ,like the 1909 penny.the ones for circulation are mostly made of zinc.

these aren't made for circulation,collectors only.these pennies will have 90%copper ,like the 1909 penny.the ones for circulation are mostly made of zinc.

Says who? Not the mint in their press release.

in the feeds go to press releases/public statements,scroll down to where they first talk about the release of the log cabin penny.it says 95%copper 5%tin &zinc.this was for feb.12th.

I think that's the coin in the proof sets - not in these 2-roll sets.

Way to disappoint, US Mint, I will not be buying these at 9X face. I'll wait a while and buy them from my bank.

just checked! it's for the proof&uncirculated pennies for nusmismatic collectors.these coins will have 95%copper coming on march13th.

I still disagree.

My understanding is that the 95% copper versions will be included in Mint (uncirculated) sets, and Proof sets; both of which will be available later this year.

Do you have a link to where you got this information? I could be completely wrong.

just checked! it's for the proof&uncirculated pennies for nusmismatic collectors.these coins will have 95%copper coming on march13th.

I still disagree.

My understanding is that the 95% copper versions will be included in Mint (uncirculated) sets, and Proof sets; both of which will be available later this year.

Do you have a link to where you got this information? I could be completely wrong.

I think Munkey's right and ritter's wrong. These rolls are not the typical proof & uncirculated collector sets. They're just rolls. Nothing in the press release I linked to says that the composition is the 1909 95% copper, and despite the Mint's incompetence lately, I sincerely doubt that would be something left out.

sorry if i'm wrong.this is what it says word for word;the united states mint also will issue numismatic versions of the four redesigned pennies with exactly the same metallic content as the 1909 coin(95%copper 5%tin and zinc.these coins will be minted in proof and uncirculated condition,and will be included in the united states mints annual product offerings.

sorry if i'm wrong.this is what it says word for word;the united states mint also will issue numismatic versions of the four redesigned pennies with exactly the same metallic content as the 1909 coin(95%copper 5%tin and zinc.these coins will be minted in proof and uncirculated condition,and will be included in the united states mints annual product offerings.

This is correct. And there is some discussion whether the Mint will issue these coins as a 2009-S VDB tribute coin. However, no specific design is called for nor seems to have been discussed.

Scott :hi:

Right ... "annual product offerings." Not rolls. And Michael over on the Mint News Blog has confirmed that these rolls will be the copper-plated zinc.

These coins will be issued for circulation in quantities to meet the demands of commerce. In addition, the Secretary of the Treasury shall mint and issue numismatic one-cent coins in 2009 with the exact metallic content as contained in the 1909 one-cent coin (95% copper, 5% tin and zinc). These numismatic versions will be included in the United States Mint’s annual product offerings.