• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the CAC use this place as free advertisement or...

62 posts in this topic

I think that Mark's admiration for the CAC has been noted many times. On these boards he is thier biggest Cheerleader and I am sure that because of this he has gotten a few members converted to the CAC brand..He said repeatedly he is not affilliated with the CAC and I believe him...

But the CAC is a Business and as a business don't they have an advertising budget..

Should NGC be a part of that budget??

Patrick,

If in truth, you believe that Mark is not affiliated with CAC, then why should CAC budget as overhead an advertising cost associated with his NGC forum posts?

Jim

This forum is an actual no cost freebe to people who collect coins.

The CAC is a business that is for profit.. Why wouldn't the CAC want to advertise through a company that is giving this much knowlage freely?

In truth everyone who deals coins that posts on these boards gets a ton of free publicity.... Mark included.. The way I see it is Mark's contributions are his payments for the amount of advertising... The same with James,, And Bill, and Greg and PatB and TomB Etc,etc,etc.......

If the CAC wants all the advertisements they recieve maybe they should contribute to the boards...

or at least Mr A. could stop by and answer some questions..

And if someone talks about a coin purchased from Heritage, Greg Rohan should contribute here or pay for that person's post. Makes sense.

Heritage used to come here... Then stopped around the time when there was some affiliation with NGC... and they do post from time to time both here and across the street.

If the CAC wants all the advertisements they recieve maybe they should contribute to the boards...

I am under the impression that John Albanese does not feel it would be appropriate for him to post here or on the PCGS forum on the subject of CAC and that such posts would be considered spam.

But as has been suggested previously, if you have questions for him, why not ask him yourself.

I am under the impression that John Albanese does not feel it would be appropriate for him to post here or on the PCGS forum on the subject of CAC and that such posts would be considered spam.
I don't think anyone would consider it as such and I feel it would end all this conjecture...

If he doesn't want to talk about the CAC thats fine as well... There is plenty he could contribute about basic collecting...

I personally feel that it's important for him to at least make the attempt.

I don't think anyone would consider it as such and I feel it would end all this conjecture...

If he doesn't want to talk about the CAC thats fine as well... There is plenty he could contribute about basic collecting...

You sounded as if you thought it was spam for me to post about CAC, yet you also "don't think anyone would consider it as such" if CAC's owner did the same?

But as has been suggested previously, if you have questions for him, why not ask him yourself.

You added this after I responded to your post...

I think it would carry more weight if you or Bruce asks...

Personally I don't have a need for the CAC but for those around here who do I think it would be akin to DH posting ATS...

He would be treated with a great deal of respect...

You sounded as if you thought it was spam for me to post about CAC, yet you also "don't think anyone would consider it as such" if CAC's owner did the same?

If the CAC's owner contributed to the boards I think that could be construed as payment...

How do you think we tollerate all those I Love Mark because Posts.....

:baiting:

I think that Mark's admiration for the CAC has been noted many times. On these boards he is thier biggest Cheerleader and I am sure that because of this he has gotten a few members converted to the CAC brand..He said repeatedly he is not affilliated with the CAC and I believe him...

But the CAC is a Business and as a business don't they have an advertising budget..

Should NGC be a part of that budget??

Patrick,

If in truth, you believe that Mark is not affiliated with CAC, then why should CAC budget as overhead an advertising cost associated with his NGC forum posts?

Jim

This forum is an actual no cost freebe to people who collect coins.

The CAC is a business that is for profit.. Why wouldn't the CAC want to advertise through a company that is giving this much knowlage freely?

In truth everyone who deals coins that posts on these boards gets a ton of free publicity.... Mark included.. The way I see it is Mark's contributions are his payments for the amount of advertising... The same with James,, And Bill, and Greg and PatB and TomB Etc,etc,etc.......

And if someone talks about a coin purchased from Heritage, Greg Rohan should contribute here or pay for that person's post. Makes sense.

Heritage used to come here... Then stopped around the time when there was some affiliation with NGC... and they do post from time to time both here and across the street.

I have only seen Heritage folks come to the forum to put out fires. I have never seen an educational post from a Heritage affiliate, on either side of the street. If you know of one, please paste a link.

If you really had questions for the CAC, you could call up John, and he would politely answer all of them. I know this from first-hand experience.

Let's cut to the chase. You started this thread to bait Mark, and all you really care to do is stir up trouble. That's fine, but if I were Mark, I would have already stopped responding to your ridiculous assertions. I can see why you were banned across the street.

[

Let's cut to the chase. You started this thread to bait Mark, and all you really care to do is stir up trouble. That's fine, but if I were Mark, I would have already stopped responding to your ridiculous assertions. I can see why you were banned across the street.

Then we can assume you won't be posting to it anymore??

[

Seriously.... was that also the reason Mark and Greg and Conder were booted... Stirring the pot.... Why yes... I believe it was hm

Edited because I forgot to add that pot stirrer James..... It was actually Dennis but James got the axe

[

Seriously.... was that also the reason Mark and Greg and Conder were booted... Stirring the pot.... Why yes... I believe it was hm
I have only seen Heritage folks come to the forum to put out fires. I have never seen an educational post from a Heritage affiliate, on either side of the street. If you know of one, please paste a link.

I think Heretage has a stake in NGC..... Correct me I may be wrong.... So I believe your being on this free board is reflection of thier contribution...

Do you really have nothing constructive to do ?

Or are you the type who believes in conspiracy theories just because its possible

Good luck in the future.

lol, I was about to say the same as Mark

Do you really have nothing constructive to do ?

Or are you the type who believes in conspiracy theories just because its possible

Good luck in the future.

Thank you.

lol, I was about to say the same as Mark

Personally I don't have a need for the CAC but for those around here who do I think it would be akin to DH posting ATS...

You're the one with the questions, not Bruce and I. And DH posting across the street would be akin to Mark Salzberg posting here, not John Albanese.

You're the one with the questions, not Bruce and I. And DH posting across the street would be akin to Mark Salzberg posting here, not John Albanese.
I don't have questions ... I have already expressed that I am not in need of the CAC... You are the one who keeps Advocating the CAC... You and Bruce... Not me...

If JA wants all the FREE publicity you give him here maybe he could come and Partake in some lively coin discussion from which we could all learn...

[

Edited because I forgot to add that pot stirrer James..... It was actually Dennis but James got the axe

Don't put words in my mouth. Each circumstance was unique. At least all of those other those guys bring something to the table...

[

Don't put words in my mouth. Each circumstance was unique. At least all of those other those guys bring something to the table...

lol I wouldn't dream of putting words in your mouth... and you can bring anything you want to your table...But since I don't blindly line up to whatever que is popular ,You may not want to stay at this table.. lol

I don't have questions ... I have already expressed that I am not in need of the CAC... You are the one who keeps Advocating the CAC... You and Bruce... Not me...

If JA wants all the FREE publicity you give him here maybe he could come and Partake in some lively coin discussion from which we could all learn...

Technically, you are correct. Instead of "questions" I should have written "suggestions", "requests" or "advice". So, since you have suggestions or requests or advice for Mr. Albanese, why not put them to him directly?

I think the answer is, as others have noted, that you'd rather just stir things up. Otherwise you wouldn't have suggested that my thread was spam, while at the same time saying it wouldn't be considered such if Mr. Albanese posted on the subject. That was a most absurd contradiction.

I've posted my last reply to you in this thread - you have my word on it. Bait away.

Technically, you are correct. Instead of "questions" I should have written "suggestions", "requests" or "advice". So, since you have suggestions or requests or advice for Mr. Albanese, why not put them to him directly?

I think the answer is, as others have noted, that you'd rather just stir things up. Otherwise you wouldn't have suggested that my thread was spam, while at the same time saying it wouldn't be considered such if Mr. Albanese posted on the subject. That was a most absurd contradiction.

I've posted my last reply to you in this thread - you have my word on it. Bait away.

Wow... Well That is the easy way out.. (thumbs u

You know I will say this and then you can walk into the sunset... I answered every question ..Even took a lot of from the Mark Feld fan club.

And all you can do is try to deflect... You really are good at it ... Most Lawyers are..

But you did yourself no service here...

In truth if you are submitting coins to the CAC and selling that coin promoting the CAC then you have a vested interest in making them a player in the business...

and to be honest you are no longer a coin dealer but a slab and sticker seller..

If you contiuously are praising them it shows that your interests in thier product is far from innocent...

And In my mind it is spam and your threads should indicate it...

You know I will say this and then you can walk into the sunset... I answered every question ..Even took a lot of from the Mark Feld fan club.

And all you can do is try to deflect... You really are good at it ... Most Lawyers are..

But you did yourself no service here...

In truth if you are submitting coins to the CAC and selling that coin promoting the CAC then you have a vested interest in making them a player in the business...

and to be honest you are no longer a coin dealer but a slab and sticker seller..

If you contiuously are praising them it shows that your interests in thier product is far from innocent...

And In my mind it is spam and your threads should indicate it...

should they have to purchase space like everyone else..

I don't have any interest in CAC and none of my slabs have CAC stickers on them because I have never sent any in but I did think it odd everyone is slamming this guy for posting about his expirence with a company. How many post are there about Ebay, Paypal, PCGS, Heritage, Teletrade and other companies out there.

Most the post I have seen about CAC are people complaining about the lack of information on there site about how many coins get a sticker by grading service and other stuff. Now you have a guy that is trying to share information about there service and how he DIDN'T get a sticker and people can't seem to stop accusing him of doing it for some type of gain.

Excellent point!! He did it for a loss in fact. A potentially down graded coin at his request for the sake of being accurate and truthful to the coin.

I made a post about NCS joing a great job on the PCGS world coins forum and noone has said a thing bad, there was even a "great thread" and plenty of interest

this is about the dumbest thread we've had here in a long time.

Exactly, all anyone needs to do is look at who started this post to understand why :/