• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saturday Guess the Grade and Overton - 1823

12 posts in this topic

Ok, this is the last one, and I think the prettiest of the three I got in the mail yesterday (though my photos probably do not do justice to it). This one is also entombed, so there is a "correct grade" but guess the Overton variety too!

75401.jpg.6f51df33e1d27b601b3ecc0519bc6885.jpg

75402.jpg.11c8e13de3e56f1907b6976ce888a55e.jpg

I'm going AU 53 on this one, jtryka. Overton...I"m torn between 103 and 105. Any chance of a better photo of the 3 in the date? The 3 on your coin looks like it is broken at the base and thin, but hard to tell from the picture. But the 5 in 50 is a match to O-103 and the lowest berry on O-103 is clear of the leaf to it's left, while on O-105 they nearly touch. So O-103 gets my vote. Rarity 2.

RI AL

Sorry, I just came from the bank and put it in my safe deposit box, so I can't provide any more photos on this one!

Well RI AL, this is 2 in a row, so you are officially beyond "blind pig" status! I bought this one attributed by ANACS as an O-103 and I agree with that attribution. ANACS also graded it as an AU-50 which is appropriate. Thanks for playing everyone!

Hey...if I keep this up, I'm gonna' get a fat (er) head!!! That's 2 out of 3. Now how about an answer on the 1809. It's driving me :banana: :banana: