• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultra High Relief Submission

2 posts in this topic

While NGC states there is a "submission" deadline of March 9th does this mean that if I have a postmarked and unopened package from the Mint that was PRIOR to that date......it is eligible or is it NOT for the "Early Release" designation???????

I know that PCGS states that you can just send in the coin-in-capsul prior to their "deadline" of March 11 or one is still eligible as long as the mint package is unopened and the postmark is prior to March 11.

What am I missing???

Thanks in advance.

• Administrator

Dear Coinwell,

Thank you for contacting us. NGC applies the designation Early Releases to US bullion released during the first month of their release from the US Mint. The Ultra High Reliefs were first received by US Mint customers beginning 2/9, which NGC uses as the release date. All coins received by NGC within 30-days of the first release are eligible, and thus the Early Releases cutoff date is 3/9. It is this 30 day period to which Early Releases refers, not 30 days from your individual order ship date.

I do regret that due to US Mint backorders your coin might not qualify for the designation. Provided your coin ships on time, it does appear that you will be able to submit it to us by overnight mail or FedEx, and it will still qualify.

Your coin is of course always eligible for NGC grading at any time, although it will not be able to receive the Early Releases designation.