• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK----Where is our friend Chris(cpm9ball)?

32 posts in this topic

I haven't heard from Chris in quite a while--since he was auctioning his Presidential Seal before Christmas last. Don't mean to be nosey, Chris, but where are you! Let us know you are OK--OK?

Jim

I know I deleted his last PM to me but he had to find a place to live. I think he did go to the FUN Luncheon but thats last I heard from him.

Probably just getting finances/housing in order after the siblings screwed him ... OR maybe he just snapped and wiped out his siblings and is in a LONG TERM housing facility subsidized by the federal government somewhere :)

ANyone heard from him since FUN ???

I'm sure he could tell ya , when he gets time , but the last time we spoke , he was having to move and was putting most of his efforts into the commute back and forth and did not know if he was going to have much time to do any posting until he could get things settled . Chris is very resourceful and has always got more than one pot of stew going at a time.I'm sure he'll be back .

Although Chris didn't want to put a reserve on the seal, The auction house insisted and it didn't meet the $7500 reserve. Chris is staying with a friend right now and never bothered to get internet. He's gone to the library to post before. I miss my friend, too.

And Bruce went to Wyoming for a vacation. Maybe he got roped by a cowgirl?

I hope he is doing alright!

A little story about my encounter with Chris.

When my daughter was born, I posted a thread asking what to collect for her and even though I didn't know Chris, he wanted to, and did, send her a coin! I have the coin and letter he wrote tucked away in the safe and will give it to her when she is old enough to understand his kindness.

It's nice to know that there are caring people out there.

Again, I hope everything works out for Chris...even though I don't know him, he act of kindness speaks volumes for his character and kindness.

Regards

PS Is there anything we (board members) can do to help Chris?

See, Chris, how we all miss hearing from you? Stop by an internet cafe and drop us a post and as me0505 stated-Is there anything we could do to help you out in anyway? My family wishes you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Jim

Many thanks to all of you for your concern. I'm still alive, but not the happiest camper. Someone stole all of my tent pegs.

I'm still staying with a friend in Naples, but I'm trying to move back to Cape Coral. The problem is that I had been unemployed since September, and have just started back to work. I have had to sell about $15K of my coins to make ends meet, but I will never, never, never, never give up my Morgans.

Chris Karstedt of Stacks had a buyer for the presidential seal at $5K, and she was going to broker the deal for free, but the shipping (freight) would cost $1,063. We both thought it was ridiculous, so she is trying to find another way to get the seal to NY.

I'm posting this from work, but I won't be doing this too often. So, there will still be some lags in communications.

Everyone stay well!

Chris

Very glad to hear that you are ok, Chris, and that you have found work. I am in the same situation myself now. We look forward to you being able to join us again, and sorry about having to sell your coins.

Chris--- Glad to see that you are reasonably OK. Things will straighten out with time. Keep all of us informed when you can. You "ARE" missed on this forum. Hope to see you post regularly again soon. Take one step at a time and stay positive as much as you can. Best wishes my friend. Bob [supertooth]

Chris,

I am so glad to hear from you and doubly glad to hear that you are with a job again. Many in my family have lost their jobs permanently due to plant closures, my cousin Dale and his wife lost jobs of 25 and 30 years without so much as a sorry about that.

We just have to stick together as a family and help each other through this long upheaval of our American way of life. It will never be allowed to be the same.

Hang in there, Chris, and we all are rooting for your future success.

Jim

Hello, Mr. Machuga. I've also been thinking about you lately. I asked YunYun to find my old cell phone so that I can dig out your number. Can you dig it? ;) I'll talk at you soon, bud!