• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Mint customer service

9 posts in this topic

Not only is the tracking portion of the website down (± 2 weeks now...intentional I am sure), but now they aren't answering the phone when you call to track an order.

Pretty crappy service lately if you ask me! Just waiting for my UHR order to get cancelled now???

Sorry, I just wanted to vent and since I can't get through to them.....

Yea, the mint customer service is the pits.

Even when you call the 800 number all you get after you have entered your order number and zip code is canned message about how your order in "in process" and it takes four to six weeks to fill an order. Yet people who order these coins after me have gotten them.

If the U.S. mint were a private coin dealer, they would go out of business because of poor service.

The Mint has a new contractor for fullfilment . Did you use the correct 1-800 number ? The group in Texas ( that shipped out of Memphis,TN) no longer has the contract.

The tracking system's down because people have used it to cancel other's orders since all you need is the order number and last name of the purchaser. Obviously a ginormous security risk, even when it came out on the site that hasn't been re-designed in a decade.

Granted, it's ridiculous that it's taken 3 (I think) weeks so far and they still haven't implemented a solution. Can you imagine what would happen to Amazon if their tracking system were unavailable with no stated reason why for over 3 weeks?

I called them just last nite to check on an order. Got thru ok with no problems. Asked about the order link and said they still had no idea when it would be back up.

Really annoying.. when I called and chose "to check on an order", I just got, nope we can't do that, bye ! *beep beep beep*

I want to cancel one order, how do I do it ? get a customer service rep ?

Not only is the tracking portion of the website down (± 2 weeks now...intentional I am sure), but now they aren't answering the phone when you call to track an order.

Pretty crappy service lately if you ask me! Just waiting for my UHR order to get cancelled now???

Sorry, I just wanted to vent and since I can't get through to them.....

It takes a lot for Eric to vent too :)

Mike,

Usually I just babble because I had one too many beers....but in this case, I was actually sober. :)

I finally got through this morning...you have to wait through the message and select the "operator" choice, opt 0. The "track order" choice, opt 2, doesn't work. I said something to them and they acted like they had no clue it wasn't working???

I asked if they had a customer complaint service and I was put through to a 3 question survey that had no relevance to their overall service, but merely for the call that was just made. I wanted to leave feedback about their site, the phone tracking not working, the crappy way the UHR distribution has been handled, etc... But nope, not even spot to leave a message, all 3 were touch tone and that was it.

Guess they don't want to know about how the masses feel...or maybe they just don't care!

Off my soap box now! :)

GAH ! I just called the mint and finally got put through to someone in DC !

Turns out my account was on hold (presidents shipped the other day though?) for a charge that was missed previously when a shipment went before a card was billed, and the card was fully drawn ! I did ask about it once long ago and was told no, you don't owe it ! Left hand not talking to the right very much !

Asked for all 4 orders to be fulfilled ASAP.. lovely lady whoever she was, hope they send all my stuff today !