• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your favorite shows in nice hotels (close airport access).

11 posts in this topic

What are your favorite shows in nice hotels (easy airport access or close to airport) which make it comfortable from either a dealer or collector point of view. I would be interested in hearing about your experiences. If dealer, what would you estimate the overall fixed costs of the show (outside of travel cost) which include table fee, lodging, meals, transportation to and from airport? In consideration of these fixed costs is it worth it to attend or set up at this show? Why?

Although the Baltimore show isn't in a hotel, getting to the Convention Center from the Baltimore airport is pretty easy and there are lots of hotels (from modest to very nice) nearby.

As for why you should attend, well, it's probably only surpassed by the summer ANA and FUN.

The Central States show in Columbus, Ohio a few years ago was great. An easy 15 minute drive from the airport to Downtown. It was at the Greater Columbus Convention Center which is HUGE. Parking is adequate, lodging close by and a there is good selection of restaurants in the area or a short drive away. The Central States Show is big and if you're considering flying to a show it's well worth a visit.

I've only been to the ANA and the Long Beach shows. The ANA rotates as you know. The Long Beach convention center is convenient to at least the Orange County and Long beach Airports and there are several hotels nearby. Downtown seems pretty nice too though I was only there for the day and spent the night before near the Orange County airport.

Without question, the February SLNA show at the airport Hilton in St. Louis. I have unfailingly done well setting up there the past seven years or so. Good luck getting a table, as the waiting list is at least 100 names long, and about the only time a table becomes available is literally when an existing dealer passes away. I am not joking about this!

To the OP,

Why did you change your nickname from Derek2100 to Parker to Arizona1950?

And why did you remove your ebay listings from your sigline?

Just curious.

This is like tracing provenance. lol

To the OP,

Just curious.

SH-SH-SH-Shillllllll rockout.gif

To the OP,

Just curious.

SH-SH-SH-Shillllllll rockout.gif

:whatev:6439.gif

To the OP,

Just curious.

And your question has something to do with the title of this thread? Either way - None of your business. And btw (dont know what u been smokin) I never used the handle Derek2100 in here!