• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay insanity

6 posts in this topic

It is official the world has gone mad ..

I was watching this on ebay and could you have found a worse set of photos bad description Etc Etc and it still hits £23 .. what is the world coming to .. and what chance have you if people will pay so much for a gap filling coin rantrant

hear is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360133683547&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023&autorefresh=true

df13_1_sbl.jpg

de63_1_sbl.jpg

:frustrated::screwy::frustrated:

I see George III's head , I think , and possibly a sitting Brittainnia on the reverse , but I'm not sure if the seller is up to date within numismatics , or feels that this is an in demand variety for whatever reason to warrant that.

Agree with Bobby....looks more like a rusted slug than what it is....poor lighting on purpose maybe to hide the hideous condition even more?

EDIT: After looking at it again on the auction page , you can read the outer inscription and it says washington indepence , but barely . Man , I wish I knew something about colonial coinage and tokens to be able to figure a price for it , but apparently I thought it was just an old corroded copper like an 'Irish George' or something .

I stand corrected . It still looks like bad photography , but I have no idea what it is worth without consulting a guide book , so I need to brush up on my numismatics as well .