• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Way to go Hoot!!

6 posts in this topic

Mark, looks like you will realize more then Greysheet for your 23-S Buff @ auction. Congrats ARE in order! thumbsup2.gif

Sure would like your 70-S Jeff but I think the bidding is going a little high for a MS64. Better for you tho! Have the high bid right now @ $86. but if it gets run over, its theirs.

David

Oops, just got run over! Bye 70-S!

Thanks David. I think the auctions went to the order of magnitude they belonged - excellent coins have a way of selling themselves. smile.gif Besides, for buffs, Greysheet is a bit of a joke.

BTW, the only auction records I found on a 70-S MS64fs Jeff were on Heritage and Teletrade - The Heritage sale was around $250, while the Teletrade sales were for $260 and $210. So, my coin sold on the low side for $219.50. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoot

Mark, meant too high for ME, not the coin. As it is the last year for the San Francisco mint to put out a MS FS Jeff, I would think that it should bring MORE then $250. as there are only 19 in FS for all grades according to my 6 month old PCGS pop report. In the selling of it, does this mean that you have an up-grade in your collection now?

Maybe if I take one of my 70-S PRs and rough it up, it could pass for a MS? Nah!

In the selling of it, does this mean that you have an up-grade in your collection now?

I wish! As it is, I have a nearly identical MS64fs. It was almost a coin toss to decide which one to keep!

Maybe if I take one of my 70-S PRs and rough it up, it could pass for a MS? Nah!

Oh, give it a shot... what's a proof worth in that issue? 5 cents? 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

Rough up a 70-S PR? I would not know where to start! I spose I could manage the devices but the smaller areas of the fields that are very watery could be tough to get roughed up enough to pass for a MS. Have about ten of them raw from PR mint sets, so I MAY try it on one of them. As none of them are (IMO)PR69DC's, the value gained would be worth the try. Hmmm! May be time to get out the Dremel! 27_laughing.gif