• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade review

10 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1904-O Morgan graded MS65 PL. It is in a PCGS slab.I blew my months budget,I'm afraid. This coin I believe deserves a DMPL grade instead of PL. It's not just me that thinks so either, and before I do anything I'll get at least one more opinion.. Now,I don't have grading priviledges ATS and can't afford to join.It doesn't make too much sense to get it switched to an NGC holder either.That's one option but,what others? I would think this would be a tough upgrade considering the value of a 65 DMPL.

:baiting: pictures, my friend

Picture hounds here!! Pictures of Proof likes or DMPLs are useless for telling how deep mirrors are. But I'll get some as soon as they come out good enough for me. Sometimes I can take a picture of a coin once and I'm happy it.Other times it takes 20 attempts or so. I think I have gremlins messing with my settings.

Hey idhair,

What free stuff?

Other options? Well as far as I know this isn''t the very last month and there will be more of them. So in a future month there will probably also be monthly budget. Is it really so critical to get it reslabbed right now? If it is a DMPL, the DMPL isn't going to go away.

:baiting: pictures, my friend

Picture hounds here!! Pictures of Proof likes or DMPLs are useless for telling how deep mirrors are. But I'll get some as soon as they come out good enough for me. Sometimes I can take a picture of a coin once and I'm happy it.Other times it takes 20 attempts or so. I think I have gremlins messing with my settings.

Hey idhair,

What free stuff?

This is a link to joining here. Joining here.

It turns out to be a wash. ATS has a plan as well.

Other options? Well as far as I know this isn''t the very last month and there will be more of them. So in a future month there will probably also be monthly budget. Is it really so critical to get it reslabbed right now? If it is a DMPL, the DMPL isn't going to go away.

Well,in a sense it's the final month.My NGC sub runs out. But never mind,you have a point. I don't know if I want to get the PCGS sub either. I've heard that some coin dealers will submit for a customer. I just want the best chance at getting a deserved grade and I just don't think small time submitters get a fair shake.

Btw, do the free submissions expire?? I was thinking about joining here sometime but I really don't have anything worth grading but don't want them to expire in a yr if I have nothing before that time frame.

Right.Now I get it.I sure can be thick sometimes. I was under the impression you had to join at the $99($109) level to get submission priviledges . Now I seer you can get that for $39.00.doh!!.