• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't there a Morgan thread somewhere???

13 posts in this topic

I was looking for it, I'm sure I've seen it. I got my first dmpl Morgan, have no idea what to really look for discriminantly, or how to photgraph, or what to look for in photographing, so here it is, and if there is no Morgan thread, I'll post these in the new purchase post instead.

thanks for any help understanding dmpls

criticism is welcome and I will not be offended/ hopefully it will be constructive rather than arbitrary, but I'm not made of ... oh whatever it is your made of if you give a sh i ... about criticism when it's requested.

3312316664_366616e5db.jpg

3311486927_debf2aaee9.jpg

ps, I know there are some people who will be out to hurt me for deviating from Busties...I'm not a traitor...Believe me, I am not a traitor!!!???*** :insane:

ps, I know there are some people who will be out to hurt me for deviating from Busties...I'm not a traitor...Believe me, I am not a traitor!!!???*** :insane:

Blast white MODERNS :o??????

BLAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Believe me there are already TOO MANY Morgan threads! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit to add...At least now we know why you are selling your busties...;) Anyway, good luck next month.

Jim

Actually, if one absolutely HAS to have a Morgan dollar then this looks like a fairly nice one. The prooflike fields seem to magnify every mark, though. And it does have that magic CC on the reverse.

Mike one of the easiest ways to check mirrors is take your finger and point at Miss liberty should be able see your finger clearly at 6 inches . It will be a bit harder with coin in slab under good light. Move finger back and forth to determine depth of mirrors. Works for me anyway. Hope this helps. (thumbs u

Hah!!Another convert. Great Morgan. would it be an MS63 DMPL? I've got an 82CC MS63 DMPL graded by NGC still in the GSA slab.and it was my favorite 'til I got an 80S 65 DMPL.It's my 2nd favorite now. I got hooked on PL's and DMPL's and now I sell other types to get them.

You did a decent job on that photo. It's difficult to get good shots sometimes because any marks or residue is so exaggerated. You just have to practice.

I like to find clean fields. Most lower grade mint state dpls are very dinged, scratched, & chattered in the fields. When looking at coin even a lower grade with clean fields are way more attractive to me. Notice the 1881cc the field scratch at 9 o'clock takes your eyes off the view. JMO peace, Tim

75014.jpg.be3215f0ca4d0922152e4967fe91263b.jpg

75015.jpg.4a58880982f7eb132fc1d6f980e0974f.jpg

75016.jpg.01c053a9fadc1e970005050deb99820e.jpg

75017.jpg.870d2862728d81861e3a149e0383b413.jpg