• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-evaluation of Franklin Half Dollar sets

5 posts in this topic

Guest Joiseygirl

We have updated the scoring for the Franklin Half Dollar series. Please feel free to comment on these changes.

We plan to re-evaluate other series in the near future.

Much better, thank you very much. I stayed in position 64, but I gained 9000 points. :)

I had a feeling that those new scores would make you happy. :) I picked up about 600 points on the 2 FBL Franklins that I have in my registry.

Yeah, well I've been calling for a Franklin re-evaluation for a while now. I would have been quite content with the same total number of points but a completely different weighting system, but NGC saw fit to take another approach. I find this new system far more balanced - the rare coins are valued much more appropriately relative to the more common issues. This probably weights the series as a whole much more correctly in relation to ultra-high grade moderns, as well.