• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The owner of WildWinds passed away

3 posts in this topic

Not sure what the future for the site will be. It sure does come in handy. Hopefully something can be done to keep it around.

David Christopher Surber Passed away suddenly Fri., Feb. 20, 2009 at the age of 49. Loving husband of Marie Surber. Cherished father of Devon and Lisa and stepson Nicolas Grizzle, all of Rohnert Park. Beloved son of Louise (Kit) Bradford of Daly City; dear brother of Sheila Bradford of Daly City, Mary (Mark) Weissburg of Oak Park, IL. and Kamela Rose, MD of WA. Caring brother-in-law of Louise (Chris) Gilman. Loving uncle of Zoe and Natalie Weissburg, Jason, Nicole and Chris Picasso, Andy and Kelly Gilman. Great uncle of Isabelle Picasso. He is survived by numerous other relatives and friends. Preceded in death by his father Gary. Dave was a classical numismatist, technology and marketing consultant and CEO of Wildwinds Communications. He was the creator and webmaster of the highly regarded ancient coin attribution site, Wildwinds.com. Most recently a software engineer for Panasas in Fremont, Dave also worked for NLC in Rohnert Park, Harris DTS in Novato and other local companies. A 1982 graduate of MIT (chemical engineering), earning his MBA at USF in 1989, Dave loved his family, his dogs and his friends, and will be dearly missed. Friends and family are invited to attend a funeral service Thurs., Feb. 26 at 11 am at Holy Family Episcopal Church, 1500 E. Cotati Ave., Rohnert Park. A visitation will be held Wed., Feb. 25, 5-9 pm at Parent-Sorensen Mortuary and Crematory, 850 Keokuk St., Petaluma, (707) 763-4131.

WOW .. that explains why we could not get online then !

I did not know him but I send my condolences to the family .. for a keen "oldy" supporter .. thanks for the hard work