• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1868 Spanish 10 Escudos gold

5 posts in this topic

I was looking through some of my coins and came across a 1868 Spanish 10 Escudos.

Are there any diagnostics to tell me wether it is real or not? I will try to get some pictures up when I get home from work.

Hi there .. if it is real it should be about 8.38g also the second star mint mark should have the numbers 68 or 73 in it..

Looking at the coin the spacing of the letters look all wrong to me (PORLAG should be POR LA G) and the reverse shield seems to large and indistinct also the lettering is way off the positions it should be and larger than normal..

sorry i would say Fake ! :sorry:

Thats cool, I didn't realy think it was. I happened to pull this out of my dealers world coin junk box. He was selling 16 for a dollar that day. I didn't really think I would be lucky enough to pick up a gold coin for 6 cents lol