• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red toning on my PCGS MS62 1893M Australian gold sovereign

2 posts in this topic

Dear NCS expert,

I have this fantastic sovereign that has probably been "net graded" by PCGS to MS62 due to the unattractive red spots and toning on both sides. Can NCS remove the toning, while ensuring that NGC will grade the coin higher (i.e. MS63)? Is there a possibility to end up with a "cleaned" ungradable coin, with much lower value than the one I am submitting?

14129114.jpg

Best Regards,

Dimitris

I would not be able to comment on the grading of the coin at all. There is a good chance we might be able to remove the red from this coin through professional conservation. We would, however, have to see the piece in hand to determine that for certain. Since the coin is already certified, it will be evaluated by conservators and NGC graders. The graders will determine if the coin will at least maintain its currently stated grade.

Chris, NCS