• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SEGS 1795 dollar ...the Continuing Saga

276 posts in this topic

RI AL,

I am posting this on Larry Brigg's behalf. For everyone's information, Larry has been ill for a few months and, combined with a few other issues, he was not able to call you right away.

The good news is that Larry will call you this weekend. He is well aware of the situation and says he WILL do whatever it takes to make it right. So, as you stated, he is a man of integrity. Those of us who know Larry already knew this, but thanks for handling the issue so well.

Best regards,

Dennis

Dennis, as I mentioned elsewhere, thanks for the info.

Hello, Denis.

Thanks so much for the post and for filling me is on what has been happening regarding my dollar. It seems rather unimportant now in comparison to Larry's health but I remained confident that this would resolve.

We will be in New Hampshire this weekend, but if Larry is feeling well enough to call tomorrow morning, it would be a pleasure to speak with him. If we don't connect, it would be very much appreciated if he could leave a message on our machine.

Many thanks, Dennis, and please pass my thanks and "get well" wishes on to Larry as well.

RI AL

RI AL,

I am posting this on Larry Brigg's behalf. For everyone's information, Larry has been ill for a few months and, combined with a few other issues, he was not able to call you right away.

The good news is that Larry will call you this weekend. He is well aware of the situation and says he WILL do whatever it takes to make it right. So, as you stated, he is a man of integrity. Those of us who know Larry already knew this, but thanks for handling the issue so well.

Best regards,

Dennis

OMG,,,,, A Jade HookUp!!!

highfive.gifdrinkers.gif

Don't be a stranger Dennis... poke.gif

RI AL,

Best regards,

Dennis

highfive.gifdrinkers.gif

Hey MAULEMALL, I will try to post more often. After the Norweb situation, the judge sentenced me to only 5 public posts per year, so I use them judiciously.

RI AL,

Best regards,

Dennis

highfive.gifdrinkers.gif

Hey MAULEMALL, I will try to post more often. After the Norweb situation, the judge sentenced me to only 5 public posts per year, so I use them judiciously.

I thought that was only ATS... hm

Do what everybody else does .... Make a shill account,, lol

Sentenced or Permitted? Sentenced implies a punishment (Are we so terrible that merely posting to us is a punishment?) while Permitted suggests the granting of a boon or priviledge.

You know, I've not posted on this subject till now. The thing that continues to bother me even if Larry is sick, is that no one from that organization has contacted you. I find that very wrong.

well when coins get in holders the slabbing service is saying we give a guarantee for grade and authanticity

they can fudge a little on grade as they police themselves as to waht is a grade--highly subjective combined with their own standards and so called current market acceptability

the problem enlies with authanticity and i know for a fact that self insurance companies in fact any insurance companies are NOT IN THE BUSINESS TO PAY CLAIMS

TIME WILL TELL

HOPEFULLY YOU WILL HEAR EITHER WAY BEFORE THE TURN OF THE NEXT CENTURY

Why is it when I get sick or someone dies in my family, my business still has to go on. But when certain other people who have businesses the most used excuse for not getting the job done is illness and death. I do not wish illness or death upon anyone including myself, but I still have responsibilities whether i am standing or in a reclining position. Is it just me that thinks this way, I doubt it. You should hear the excuses i am given for why the rent is going to be late, most often used, death and illness and not necessarily in that order. If any one needs the list of most used (and effective I might add) just pm me, but don't say I didn't already give you the top two.

Its in the mail :roflmao:

Bingo! the above is the #1 excuse when the rent is mailed, I stand corrected. I have learned, so that is why my tenants are not allowed to mail their rent thus the real #1 excuse "the check is in the mail" is replaced with death and illness.

make you wonder if some of these companys are just some old guy locked in a room with a boxs of slabs and a label printer a box for out going and one for incoming .There's no excuse for this time delay nun / even if she hot / nope NONE

make you wonder if some of these companys are just some old guy locked in a room with a boxs of slabs and a label printer a box for out going and one for incoming .There's no excuse for this time delay nun / even if she hot / nope NONE

drinkers.gif

Hi, Just John

Just found your post in my now "infamous" 1795 thread. Man, I wish I never had to start the darned thread in the first place. I just don't know WHAT to think anymore.

Anyway, I think by your comment that you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick. This really isn't about a certifying company at all, but revolves around a very generous and professional gesture on the part of SEGS and Mr. Larry Briggs that has gone off track for some reason. When you have a few minutes, start back at the begining of the thread and it should become clear what the issue is. If not, let me know and I will be happy to relay the unfortunate details.

I've said it a hundred times here, and running the risk of being overly repetitive, I have nothing but respect for Mr. Briggs. I am just confused and a bit frustrated at the direction his kind gesture to remedy a relatively minor situation has taken.

With that said, please read the entire thread and then feel free to ask anything that I may be able to help with.

Thanks very much for your interest.

Alan Ri AL

I'm surprised that you still think of this as a kind gesture, almost 2 months later.

In my opinion, taking the coin in for review is something Mr. Briggs would be almost required to do under the circumstances. Think if NGC was in the same situation - they would immediately take the coin and bring it off the market by paying you a fair price for it. Mr. Briggs should have done the same, or got a second opinion from NGC as soon as possible, sick or otherwise.

HI RI AL, I AM A NEWBIE TO THIS SITE AND HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR STORY UNFOLD AND I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN THE OUTCOME. AS AN EARLY DOLLAR VARIETY COLLECTOR I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED IN ANYTHING TO DO WITH BUST DOLLARS. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY SCANS OF THE COIN I COULD SEE ?

THANK YOU EARLYBUCKS FRED

Alan,

I have spent the last 40 years either running my own business or someone elses--most dealing day to day with consumers of some sort. I have found that in the best, most honestly dealt with situations that the kindhearted, easy to get along with, not wanting to stir up a hornet's nest consumer(YOU) will always be abused by the best intentions as they are just not heard on a daily basis. Thus, allowing illness, death, company issues, personal issues and anything else to side track your issue as you are not screaming about it. The saying regarding the squeaking wheel getting grease is most apropos in this instance. Being a nice guy is fantastic for the ones around you, but can sometimes result in your own abuse.

As said before, I wish you the best of luck with this issue. I hope that Mr. Briggs does something special for you above and beyond his duty.

Jim

I worked for a small company it did about 30 million dollars per year .Was the mgr

inforced one rule if the customer complaint went past the the sales person and then their supervisor and it got to me they were gone .PERIOD salesperson could replace product lost in shipping exchange product customer wasn't happy with what ever it took.Supervisor could refund purchase price plus shipping pay for shipping return.Tell the customer to keep the product and still do a refund of the purchase price plus shipping .It's called customer service plain and simple nothing more .You should have recieved a refund for the cost of the coin or the worth of the coin or the price you paid for the coin shipping to and from grading fees given a least a dozen coupon's good for a free submissions. Even if PCGS were wrong and they could be. There should be better comunication with you they should be keeping you informed I trully hate poor customer service even more than typing and spelling

I worked for a small company it did about 30 million dollars per year .Was the mgr

inforced one rule if the customer complaint went past the the sales person and then their supervisor and it got to me they were gone .PERIOD salesperson could replace product lost in shipping exchange product customer wasn't happy with what ever it took.Supervisor could refund purchase price plus shipping pay for shipping return.Tell the customer to keep the product and still do a refund of the purchase price plus shipping .It's called customer service plain and simple nothing more .You should have recieved a refund for the cost of the coin or the worth of the coin or the price you paid for the coin shipping to and from grading fees given a least a dozen coupon's good for a free submissions. Even if PCGS were wrong and they could be. There should be better comunication with you they should be keeping you informed I trully hate poor customer service even more than typing and spelling

Wow, I'm sure you created a pleasant working environment for your employees ;)

That said, I will never buy a SEGS coin again. Their guarrantee is not one, and their grading is inconsitent at best. Actually, your 1795 does not fall under their guarrantee, so I worry about the outcome of this one. It's hard to find nice coins in thier holders. The only SEGS coin I ever actually purchased was an 1828 VF30 Bust quarter. And even it turned out to have an altered reverse feild that was not mentioned on the slab. I hadnt seen it in the poor light at the coin show.

I'm surprised that you still think of this as a kind gesture, almost 2 months later.

In my opinion, taking the coin in for review is something Mr. Briggs would be almost required to do under the circumstances. Think if NGC was in the same situation - they would immediately take the coin and bring it off the market by paying you a fair price for it. Mr. Briggs should have done the same, or got a second opinion from NGC as soon as possible, sick or otherwise.

it was the first action that was kind :)

but after all this its like helping someone up off of ground, just to push them back down. :(

I'm sure you created a pleasant working environment for your employees

it was a great enviroment they new they had the freedom to make the customer happy.I new that with a 400%avg mark up unless we replaces the order more than 3 times we still made money.When a slab cost what maybe 18cents and you have people paying $10 to $30 bucks for it you should treat them like king and queens in England not France where they sometime cut off their heads .I can't understand the time its taking for what 5 grand + or - they should have made that while I was typing

Mr. Feld - if/when you say you're going to do something, please do it.

I will not be posting again to this thread, but will wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved.

;)

Just giving you a hard time, Mark. I really appreciate how passionate you seem to be about RI AL's situation.