• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this the Ultamate Busty .. or What !!!

26 posts in this topic

Yes, these can be quite dramatic at times, and this appears to be one of the nicer examples. However, a double profile is generally striking defect such as machine doubling or double striking, and not a doubled die, like the 1955 cent.

Those are great bust examples. I agree with ya jaime, woody it's bad enough that they have eyes in the back of thier heads, don't need two sets in the front! lol

Nice Winston!!

Thank you.

These double and sometimes triple profile cbhs are a great piece of history and they're common enough that you don't have to pay that much for them. I think this neat little coin has the longest tenure in my collection :o .

foureyes.jpg

No joke - that image is making my eyes physically hurt - A LOT!

It's what she looks like after a night of heavy imbibing! In other words, its what pretty much everyone around here (southern Louisiana) is gonna look like tomorrow (Mardi Gras).

With these double strikes what keeps other parts of the coin such as the stars, legends and dates from doubling as well?

It's actually called strike doubling. The die shifted to cause this but I don't know why we don't see it on the rest of the coin.

foureyes.jpg

No joke - that image is making my eyes physically hurt - A LOT!

It's what she looks like after a night of heavy imbibing! In other words, its what pretty much everyone around here (southern Louisiana) is gonna look like tomorrow (Mardi Gras).

That is so disturbing that it needed to be quoted again... :o

Mozin, that '24 is freakin' great!

Nice coins guys. The strikes on these coins are half the fun.