• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I like the girls so I bought this Ecuador 5 Francos:-)

6 posts in this topic

Its a perenially popular coin that is moderately scarce but available.

The one I really like is the 1846 Capped Bust but I have never been willing to set aside the funds for a really good (AU) specimen. The only one of this design I have is an 1847 2R NGC AU-58.

My friend has a Ocho Reales dated 1846,he ask me for 3500 USD for it in XF grade sold by a big company in the state,but I have not got the enough money in that time.I am a college student:)and also a part-time-seller in the college.$3200 means the fee for me to pay to my college per year.It is too much!

I would have to see the coin but personally probably would not pay that much for a specimen in that grade. Despite the reported mintage of 1386, the coin is not rare up to AU. (I believe I have seen two mint state specimens, including one in person at the Ponterio table at the ANA convention.) It is scarce but not rare. Also, since I think coins generally will decrease in value for several years or at least most of them will, I would expect to have an opportunity to buy it cheaper later. I would rather have one of the supposedly more common 4 reales such as the 1857. Its a much scarcer coin in better grades.