• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me fill my album

8 posts in this topic

I really like this album, but it is a lot of money for an old man to spend.

If any of you would like to donate some old coins that would fill it, I think I could justify going into the Christmas money to buy the album.

I don't need the nicest coins for it. Just about any grade would satisfy me.

Thank you and season's greetings.

The album I want

I really like this album, but it is a lot of money for an old man to spend.

If any of you would like to donate some old coins that would fill it, I think I could justify going into the Christmas money to buy the album.

I don't need the nicest coins for it. Just about any grade would satisfy me.

Thank you and season's greetings.

sign-funnypost.gif

BTW, I would love to help you out, but I am currently working on completing an early silver commem set as well as a buffalo nickel set. I know you will understand. Good luck and season's greetings to you as well!

John

Wow, amazing the fetching price for original packaging.

I remember reading a letters to the editor in Numismatic News a few months ago. A man relayed a story which he witnessed in the '50's. The writer's dad owned a coin shop. A women brought in four (4) original, complete PanPac sets. She said that she's tired of holding on to 'em and that she'd take a thousand dollars for all of them. That is $250 a piece. Man oh man, if only I had a time machine. The dealer covered his costs with two sets and sold the rest for profit. Imagine, if kept pristine in the original packaging, the coins should grade at least ms 65. That would mean that the four sets today would bring about two million dollars (as a guess)!

I think that the '97 & '94 matte Jefferson and the '98 matte Kennedy will be off the charts in another 88 years, too.

I think that the '97 & '94 matte Jefferson and the '98 matte Kennedy will be off the charts in another 88 years, too.

Lets see 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hey! That means I only have to live long enough to make it till 2091 and I'll be set for life! Oh boy, I can't wait! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John

Lets see 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Hey! That means I only have to live long enough to make it till 2091 and I'll be set for life! Oh boy, I can't wait! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John

Well, geez, what a pessimest!! foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see Hey! That means I only have to live long enough to make it till 2091 and I'll be set for life! Oh boy, I can't wait!

John

Well, geez, what a pessimest!!

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif