• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some times you can hit a good coin on eBay

14 posts in this topic

Hi all .. got this through today which was "cheep as chips" and a bad sellers photo

i would say that i should hit a NGC AU-55 with it :applause:

Also check out the die crack !

Question: When dose a die crack officially become a rim cud ? as this coin seems to show features of both hm

1882-1.gif

1882r.jpg

Nice find, dooly. What you have going on above TRUST could be just a serious die crack. It becomes a die break when the piece fully breaks off - the piece on the die will move and be loose, often meaning that the fields in the broken section will be at a different height than the main piece. This is a retained die break. When the piece finally breaks off (or gets wedged so far back that it doesn't strike the planchet) and you are just left with a blob, then it is a cud. Cuds will usually have the rough surface texture of an unstruck planchet, since that is essentially what they are. Cuds are always at the rim of the coin - sometimes you will see sellers use the term cud for die breaks or cracks in other parts of the coin.

Nice find, dooly. What you have going on above TRUST could be just a serious die crack. It becomes a die break when the piece fully breaks off - the piece on the die will move and be loose, often meaning that the fields in the broken section will be at a different height than the main piece. This is a retained die break. When the piece finally breaks off (or gets wedged so far back that it doesn't strike the planchet) and you are just left with a blob, then it is a cud. Cuds will usually have the rough surface texture of an unstruck planchet, since that is essentially what they are. Cuds are always at the rim of the coin - sometimes you will see sellers use the term cud for die breaks or cracks in other parts of the coin.

cheers for the great information physics-fan3.14 (thumbs u

Got my proof florin from eBay, its now in a slab. NGC PF58 and a nice 58 at that. Barely a rub, just contact marks

PR67 PCGS one is $30,000 USD if ya please :)

which year mate ? i have a belter going to ngc soon ?