• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numismatic News (Krause) Helping to Screw Collectors

43 posts in this topic

Wow, Greg, I never thought you would get worked up over someone (else) ripping off a collector by fooling them into thinking they are getting something less valuable than it appears.

For future reference (and in your opinion), at what point does profit turn into a "screwing"?

When you try to represent yourself as trying to educate the person you are helping screw.

But what point do you consider it a screwing? 50% gross margin, 100%, 300%?

Setting that aside for a moment, do you see a parallel between your own actions and the actions of Krause? Do I really need to point out the irony in your comments?

---------------------------

Greg M. Helping to Screw Collectors

Greg M. buys low-grade proof copper coinage and paints them blue with MS-70, upgrades the coins and sells them for profit, but in the same breath informs collectors what to look for in such coins.

-----------------------------

I suppose it takes one to know one....Mike

p.s. thanks Conder, I have ammended my comments above to be more clear -- however, the point still stands -- once the gloves comes off, it's tough to say one party is any less guilty than the other. However, at least one of them had the guts to say it to the other party's face, so to speak. ;)

Didn't you say the same thing about Rick Snow??

doh! Oh thats right... After he gave you a :censored: slap you edited all your statements..

At least Greg isn't a coward. (thumbs u

Figured Greg's biggest fanboy would appear here...

IMO, Rick Snow is almost as guilty as Greg on this topic -- although I'm not aware of Rick actually ATing of coins, and Greg does deserve credit for bringing the issue to light (and in so doing is guilty of precisely what he's talking about in this thread).

Since you brought up the topic of being a coward -- a coward is someone who talks behind someone else's back (or posts on a forum where the one they are talking about presumably isn't around to defend themselves), and while we're talking about character flaws, here's another one for you -- a hypocrite chastises someone about something they are also guilty of.

Have a nice day....Mike

IMO, Rick Snow is almost as guilty as Greg on this topic -- although I'm not aware of Rick actually ATing of coins, and Greg does deserve credit for bringing the issue to light (and in so doing is guilty of precisely what he's talking about in this thread).

Since you brought up the topic of being a coward -- a coward is someone who talks behind someone else's back (or posts on a forum where the one they are talking about presumably isn't around to defend themselves), and while we're talking about character flaws, here's another one for you -- a hypocrite chastises someone about something they are also guilty of.

Have a nice day....Mike

Have a nice day....Mike

Back in the day when Mr Snow made you his pup I told you I was no ones fan but when it comes to charector you were found to be severly lacking... I see that nothing changes except that now the people on these boards don't realize that my sig line was a quote from you.

But now that you have tucked your tail and returned A T S maybe every one here should revisit your 2 faces.

Have a nice day....Mike

Back in the day when Mr Snow made you his pup I told you I was no ones fan but when it comes to charector you were found to be severly lacking... I see that nothing changes except that now the people on these boards don't realize that my sig line was a quote from you.

But now that you have tucked your tail and returned A T S maybe every one here should revisit your 2 faces.

<< Sleepy Hollow as it may be call there is alot of REAL coin information shared by many helpful people thier. >> By who? James and Greg who've both been booted? TomB who also posts here? Truth? Other than those there's no quality posters other than those who post on both sides of the street, IMHO....Mike

For your information, I purchased one coin from Rick -- and it wasn't a toned IHC, but rather an 1871 business strike for a few hundred dollars -- and I've spoken to him a grand total of one time, at FUN in 2007 for about 2 minutes. So if that makes me his pup, I'm guilty as charged.

And my post in your sig, which you've copied above, is still true, and it only takes a quick glance at this forum (and your posts to date) to arrive at that conclusion. zzz

You really have to try harder if you are going to impugn my character -- perhaps bringing back up for the 30th time the fact that I edited a post because I was afraid of someone suing me, or adding one of my posts to your sigline. lol

Have a nice day....Mike

p.s. I will not respond to you any more in this thread, so go ahead and get in the last word. If you would like my thoughts on anything, please feel free to PM me.

For your information, I purchased one coin from Rick -- and it wasn't a toned IHC, but rather an 1871 business strike for a few hundred dollars -- and I've spoken to him a grand total of one time, at FUN in 2007 for about 2 minutes. So if that makes me his pup, I'm guilty as charged.

And my post in your sig, which you've copied above, is still true, and it only takes a quick glance at this forum (and your posts to date) to arrive at that conclusion. zzz

You really have to try harder if you are going to impugn my character lol-- perhaps bringing back up for the 30th time the fact that I edited a post because I was afraid of someone suing me, or adding one of my posts to your sigline. lol

Have a nice day....Mike

You are the one who used that excuse and it wasn't just one post,,, We're talking Pages...

I meerly maintain that you you have no testicular Fortitude,,, The more you whine the more you prove the point.

character lol ,, You are tooo funny

Wow. The ad hominems got really bad since the last time I checked this thread.
And my post in your sig, which you've copied above, is still true, and it only takes a quick glance at this forum (and your posts to date) to arrive at that conclusion.
lol