• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 mint consecutive $5 star notes, 2003 Cleveland - $690 shipped!

1 post in this topic

I have 100 mint uncirculated consecutive $5 star notes, year 2003 from the Cleveland District. Still in bank binder.

Consecutively numbered from DC 00286301 to DC 00286400. These are John W. Snow bills. (Secretary of the Treasury) These were some of the last of the more classic looking bills before they were 'uglified' with the purple and other junk on the newest bills.

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5billszg7.jpg

We got these for Christmas, but I'm really more of a coin collector, and don't have a lot of interest in paper bills. The person who gave them to us showed us a recent book value of $12.50 each. On Ebay, similar sales of 100 consecutive $5 bills have been going for $750, including shipping/insurance.

I'm confident I could get at least that amount for them, but I'd rather not mess with Ebay fees and such, which would probably add up to $35 or $40.

I'll let the whole mint bundle go to the first person who can offer $690, including shipping and insurance. Save yourself a cool 60 bucks!

I prefer a US Postal Service Money Order, which will let me ship out immediately upon receipt of payment. Personal check will entail additional wait time to verify that the check is good before the cash is mailed.

If interested, please send me an email at fuzzhead72@yahoo.com

Thanks!