• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1966 sms

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,. need some advice on a couple of coins. Both are 1966 SMS washington quarters one is a real cameo.I don't have no pictures. but it is a real beauty. Cameo obverse and reverse. The other is a 1966 but it has very strong doubling on in god we trust. Would it be worth having these graded.

Thanks schatzy,. I think i will send them in to be graded. I asked for advice for i don't have to many numismatist in this part of the state for i live up in the mountians of western North carolina. About 15 miles out. The internet is the closest i get to coin enthusist. I really enjoy reading post topics online.

There's a lot of mechanical doubling on '66 SMS quarters. Over a quarter have some of this damage.

There's an interesting and unreported one with something going on in the date but no die doubling on the IGWT. There's also a DDR but it doesn't appear SMS.

Just my 2c I would get both of them graded.

Any SMS coin that gets the cameo designation brings stong money.

Plus an error coin graded will also bring strong money.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree here a bit Schatzy and I hope you don't mind too much. To get your money's worth, the coin will have to grade at the MS66Cam level and to make you some money it would have to grade at MS67Cam. At 65 cam you might get 30 bux! At 66 cam, you might get 60 bucks for it... and at 67 cam you'd be looking close to 150... but again, those are old numbers and with the down coin market, these numbers may not be good any longer.

Well, I'm going to have to disagree here a bit Schatzy and I hope you don't mind too much. To get your money's worth, the coin will have to grade at the MS66Cam level and to make you some money it would have to grade at MS67Cam. At 65 cam you might get 30 bux! At 66 cam, you might get 60 bucks for it... and at 67 cam you'd be looking close to 150... but again, those are old numbers and with the down coin market, these numbers may not be good any longer.

ditto

If you can get good pictures taken of the coin we probably could save you the grading fees if it is NOT worth sending in.

We could also tell if it is a DCAM OR CAM too - DCAM's being a load more money than what Coindude was reciting.