• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for any information about a Lincoln plaque.

8 posts in this topic

You guys probably know I'm a nut about this type of stuff. Even more so if it has Brenner's image of Lincoln on it. This image was posted on a different board a few days ago and put me back to looking for more information after giving up a few years ago on it. It's not something you see very often. I'm wondering if David Sundman's thought of these being rare is correct and at what price level these trade at. I also wonder how all this worked in those days.. Did Brenner get paid by Gorham for using his image. Actually any information would be really cool.

DSC09776-3.jpg

contact "ambro1" on the PCGS board - he has one of the bronze obverse pieces as his ikon.

Thanks. I sent him a PM Friday. Don't think he has been on this weekend.

What diameter and thickness are these plaques/medals of Lincoln, Larry?

Jim

The medal is 6.75". It's mounted in a hole in the plaque but I would guess it's about .25" thick.

I have one of those but it is the small version (has a 1909 Lincoln cent in the upper left corner).

I'll try and take some photos later and post them.