• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you think this would grade? (Mexican Libertad)

15 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get a (early) Mexican Libertad that I can have graded to go into my signature set. I got this coin just last week and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to send it in or if I should just wait for a better one to come along.

I'm hoping to have something that's about MS66 in my set ultimately (I've been going for MS69 but I don't know if that's going to be doable for this coin).

edited to add pics

74120.jpg.ff174bb38cde741abd286390e028d8eb.jpg

74121.jpg.2b407acc7dd5eab5ba7d7af2b795227b.jpg

I thought that THIS one might have potential. What do you think, guys??

http://www.chucksworldauctions.com/servlet/the-1338/UNCIRCULATED-1993-MEXICO-SILVER/Detail

I think that that one might be nice, if I actually get a coin that looks like that. The one I have I ordered based on it's picture. Then it turned out that the seller lists a new one every week with the same pictures of a pristine coin, and I get one with a scratched obverse.

Maybe this is a silly question, but what are chances that the dealer might hand pick one for you because of your unique needs?? It might be worth an e-mail anyway to ask. I don't think there is much of a premium for better grade pieces for this series. Can't hurt to try.

RI AL

Maybe this is a silly question, but what are chances that the dealer might hand pick one for you because of your unique needs?? It might be worth an e-mail anyway to ask. I don't think there is much of a premium for better grade pieces for this series. Can't hurt to try.

RI AL

I've tried that. Unfortunately they either claim to not have what I need, don't answer the question at all, or seem generally unwilling to make the effort... and I've gone through most of the sellers that seem willing to provide them at anything close to melt.

It looks like I might have found someone willing to work with me but they're out of town on vacation at the moment. Once they get back they say they'll check their inventory and can even forward me pictures prior to purchase.