• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be the proper "jargon name" for these holders?

17 posts in this topic

I know there are all sorts of "old holder" names like OGH, rattler, Fatty, Black holder, no line fatty and more. Can anyone tell me what NGC slang I should use to describe these holders? Just noticed while posting this message that the font is different from one holder to the next. Cool.

Much appreciated!

DSC03113.jpg

the big question is

the most important question is

on the reverse it is the hologram stamp or is it the raised line stamp??

raised line stamp means you can feel the letters above the slab surface

yes these are called

no line fatties

cool. Thanks, michael!

I'm the proud owner of two "no line fatties"

(I won't be sharing that tidbit with Mrs. Barndog for fear of stranger-than-the-usual looks)

the big question is

the most important question is

on the reverse it is the hologram stamp or is it the raised line stamp??

raised line stamp means you can feel the letters above the slab surface

I guess it would be hologram stamp. I can't feel much more than glue/sticker residue on what remains of the hologram. The rest is smooth to the touch

(I won't be sharing that tidbit with Mrs. Barndog for fear of stranger-than-the-usual looks)

You should be getting quite a few looks if you're on here on Valentine's day.

You should be getting quite a few looks if you're on here on Valentine's day.

lol

she's downstairs playing Pet Society of Facebook with the two girls.

yes these are called

no line fatties

cool. Thanks, michael!

I'm the proud owner of two "no line fatties"

True, such a description just might get you introduced to the business end of a frying pan..... :makepoint:

OGH and rattlers are early PCGS slabs, I've also heard "doiley" thrown about for a certain generation.

On the early NGC slabs, is there a difference between the fatty and no line fatty, or are they just two terms describing the same thing?

OGH and rattlers are early PCGS slabs, I've also heard "doiley" thrown about for a certain generation.

On the early NGC slabs, is there a difference between the fatty and no line fatty, or are they just two terms describing the same thing?

All fatties have no indent line below the label. When the indent line was added below the label the slab was also changed to a smaller type.