• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fied coins that you don'y have in any registry set . coin dump ?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there .

I was wondering if there was a section that you could put your certified coins that you don't have in any registry set .

I would just find it handy to have the cert numbers listed in case of loss or theft .

Thanks Martin

Guest Joiseygirl

X2rider,

The foundation of building your inventory on the NGC Registry is by starting with a set. Each time you add a coin to a set you are adding it to your inventory. If you replace a coin in a set and still own the replaced coin it will remain a part of your inventory unless you choose to delete it.

If you want to add coins just for inventory's sake you still have to start with a set. You may add your coins to populate your inventory then delete the set when you are finished, making sure that you select the 'Keep Coins' option when doing so.

I hope this information is helpful.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

Amy

I have a collection of 1896 certified and graded by the TPGS. This collection includes mint state, proofs, patterns, in all denominations except for the gold proofs.

Would the entire collection be considered as a set or must the collection be broken down into different groups such as MS, PR, Patterns, copper alloy, silver alloy, gold alloy?

Must all items in the collection be certified? In a holder? Only NGC? Can NCS coins be included.

Must all registry sets be made public? Can on request anonymity?

Thank you

Smilie Puss

Guest Joiseygirl

Smilie Puss,

Typically the NGC Registry sets are separated into Mint State and Proof categories. I would want to get more specific information about your collection to be able to detemine the best way to register into logical groupings.

All items must be certified either by NGC or PCGS to be eligible for the NGC Registry. NCS certified coins are eligible only for Signature sets.

When creating a set you do have the option to 'Obscure' it so that you may only view its contents.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for your inquiry.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'