• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True confessions of a now, much wiser collector

13 posts in this topic

:blush: BIGTIME BLUSH!

While cleaning out old paperwork, cleaning up for the non-existant new carpet installation that was supposed to happen today (they "lost" the carpet...).I found, much to my embarrasement that in May of 2002, I submitted 11 coins to...I am almost too ashamed to admit it..NUMISTRUST! Guess I was a pretty dumb boob, huh? Anyway, several of these coins have been sold off but a few are now in the possession of PCGS, awaiting crossover. Ah....the innocence of youth...or is that ignorance ????

Another gem I found, I have a certificate issued in 2002 by ICG for 5 free submissions if I pay for five. I will call on Tuesday to see if it's still good because I have some foreign stuff that might benefit from coffin-izing and there is no expiration date on the certificate. I wonder what else I'll find in this stack of stuff besides the 8 editions of PCGS' Rare Coin Report magazine...5 unopened.

Unfortunately, no free offers from NGC in this mess...yet... :(

RI AL

:signofftopic:

Glad I brought a smile to your day, Bob. You can bet your --- that the carpet guy who came to my house today did NOT see the sunny side of my personality :mad:

you only learn from your mistakes in life

hopefully you do not repeat the same mistakes twice :flamed:

as such

i have learned much; in fact lots and LOTS!!; in my life lol

Ah yes, my certification mistake days are over I hope. No more NNT, SEGS, IGC, PCI, AGC...TNT, IUD, LSD, STD, WMD for me. :roflmao: I'm sticking to the "good guys" like glue from now on! :applause:

Al,

Welcome to the club. One of the first slabs I purchased was an 1886(?) highly toned Morgan which was AT!!!!!!!!!!!! but being the dummy I was, then it was mine.

Chris(cpm9ball) was nice(fantastic) enough to take it off my hands for a project he had-----by the way "Where is Chris"? Haven't heard from him in quite a while. Wassup with that?

We all learn, sometimes the hard way, but when that occurs we very seldom forget it.

Great luck with your crossovers.

Jim

Well......at least you sent the coins in to get graded and didn't buy them off of a

Home Shopping Network. We all like the coins that you sent in.

Live and learn!! Everyone makes mistakes in any hobby!

I can honestly say that, at least...I have never bought ANYTHING off of the Home Shopping Network.

jesbroken...so I'm not the ONLY one who has screwed up bigtime, huh? Makes me feel maybe 3.7534% better to know that I'm not alone. doh!

That's mighty precise quantification there, Al. Any chance we can get your method so we can learn from our mistakes a little more precisely? :baiting:

Not a chance, Physics. It's been a family secret for generations and I'm taking it with me when I "go"...along with my coins!!!

RI AL