• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attention Franklin collectors** New purchase here

6 posts in this topic

Hello all fellow coin lovers. I just opened a package that contained two nice Franklins. :D

The strike on the '51-D is HAMMERED! The reverse has some nice green and orange toning and the best strike I have seen in a while, and will be going out to PCGS soon.

The '52 looks FBL as well, and I think both would grade ms65FBL. What do ya'll think? hm

I purchased both for a great price, and I wish I could have bought some more.

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1819.jpgIMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

The 51-d should grade FBL in my opinion. When not viewed under magnification, the Bell lines are solid and strong. There's a few contact marks, and they should not affect the FBL.

Very nice coins, Jon. The 51D will almost certainly get FBL (NGC FBL's are worth more, you know), although I'm not so sure it will get 65. With the TPGs supposedly tight right now, that one doesn't look any better than 64.

The 52 does look 65, but it won't get FBL at NGC. It probably would at PCGS. Nice color on this one.

For far more info on those two dates, see my registry set:

1951D

Very nice coins, Jon. The 51D will almost certainly get FBL (NGC FBL's are worth more, you know), although I'm not so sure it will get 65. With the TPGs supposedly tight right now, that one doesn't look any better than 64.

The 52 does look 65, but it won't get FBL at NGC. It probably would at PCGS. Nice color on this one.

For far more info on those two dates, see my registry set:

1951D

I agree with Jason, nice coins Jon. (thumbs u

Nice looking coins... I particularly like the '52. '51-D's come hammered, and that hit to the right of the crack on the bottom bell lines is moderately severe, so the coin is a borderline FBL. 64-5 depending on how the grader's feeling. The '52 appears to be a solid 65. I'd say FBL although there appears to be some weakness in the lines above the LL of DOLLAR. PASS AND STOW looks like it could go either way depending on how the the camera angle is set up. Pretty coin.