• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The deed is done!

23 posts in this topic

As of last Wednesday, I have 3 shipments off to PCGS, and am gathering a small group for NGC. The first shipment contained 7 SEGS coins that I thought had potential for crossover. I'll know in about 2 or 3 weeks I guess.

The second shipment had more SEGS pieces that I wasn't sure if they would "make the grade or not" but "genuine" is fine with me.

The third shipment is my 1795 dollar, also in a SEGS holder, VF 25 cleaned. I expect that this will come bvack "genuine" too, though the cleaning is not offensive and has toned down to a decent grey. So my goal of all PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG and NCS only will soon be realized. I'll keep you posted on the results. None of the coins were remarkable, but most were decent enough for me to be happy with them in my collection. We'll see what PCGS says.

To send a coin to NCS, does it have to be cracked out of its current slab?

Dismantling the computer momentarily as the new carpet is coming in my studio/office tomorrow and I don't want the guys messing with the electronic stuff. They WILL get to move 2 pianos though...that should be interesting!!

Have a good evening, guys. RI AL

Best of luck !

I have a box readied myself.. hmm $1452 USD in grading fees. Whoops. better not send that yet lol

And loads more that wouldn't fit.. they can wait :D the box has

8 each of the 3 latest Pres covers = 48 Modern tier

Around 5 each of 10 dates plus some more, Australian Silver Kookaburra 1oz BU

Another 60 coins total on World Modern. Might as well use that 10% discount while I can !

Hey, thanks, guys. I hope I'll have a few winners in the lots, but "genuine is OK for me for those that are questionable...probably pieces I bought back in the dark ages...before ya'all educated me!! I will be sure to post the results. I think the 1795 dollar will be back next week because it had a 5 day turnaround.

:signofftopic: TOTALLY.

I didn't expect to be online at all today because this was the new carpet in my music room/office/coin room installation day. I got a call at 8:00 this morning confirming arrival of the crew at between 1:00 and 3:00. At 8:45 I got a call saying that they can't seem to find my carpet (it was a special order 2 1/2 weeks ago). I spent much of yesterday sorting, cleaning and moving everything out of the room except for the 2 pianos and had totally trashed the house. Needless to say...I went slightly bonkers...and I'm a pretty mild mannered kind a' guy. After several phone calls back and forth, they agreed to send a sales rep out here today to offer me an alternative carpet to be installed on Monday. We'll see what happens. I did select a better carpet as the alternative but it was not exactly what I wanted and they wanted to charge me the difference. I DON'T think so! We'll see what Monday brings. They are "looking for" my carpet and hope to find it by Monday. Bottom line, I guess it's like dealing with coin dealers from newspaper ads, you're just looking for trouble. In this case, Empire Carpet as advertised on TV is on my ---- list!

OLD PUEBLO

[quote=

To send a coin to NCS, does it have to be cracked out of its current slab? . RI AL

The answer is no. You can send a coin in to NCS in it's original slab. If you go to the "Ask NCS" topic, I posted a question something like, "A bit confused about which NCS service to use". ChrisS at NCS provided an excellent, thorough answer.

RI AL

al i just did my carpet after flooding and went through heck. they say i owe them 400 more dollars and i say im missing a heater lol they covered my heater vents in one room and havnt come back but keep sending me bills :)

you are the king. and if they want your money they need to move fast and correct. tell them you want what you paid for and ordered/ just ordered. or you will go to a place that can. they seem to move faster when 4k+is walking away.

and tell them your time for clearing and waiting while they didnt show or have product is coming of there end lol. i did. got 200$ taken off total.

good luck . with both ventures

:signofftopic: Sorry to hear that, Ant. Maybe someday we can compare war stories over a couple of beers and a crate of carpet samples...

I'm old enough to remember the days when people did things right...

I know...I know...I can hear it now.... "Al, you're old as dirt".

RI AL, 58 and still raising Hell

That's why we never schedule a definite installation date with the customer until we actually have the customers carpet in hand. We let them know and approximate delivery date when we order, and call them back again when it actually arrives to schedule installation.

Ant, I can't believe they are dragging their feet over the heater vent problem. I've accidently fogotten to cut out the vents before but when I was notified I went right back out and fixed the problem. (Once at 10 PM. It was a cold evening and they needed their heat! I wasn't even going to make them wait until the next day. My error and I fixed it.) Fortunately cutting out the vents is very simple, unless you really err and forget to remove the grate before before the put down the pad and the carpet. (My worst mistake was once when we were doing a vinyl, forgot to remove the grate, and installed a new subfloor over it.)

:signofftopic: Sorry to hear that, Ant. Maybe someday we can compare war stories over a couple of beers and a crate of carpet samples...

I'm old enough to remember the days when people did things right...

I know...I know...I can hear it now.... "Al, you're old as dirt".

RI AL, 58 and still raising Hell

Yeah AL know what you mean. lol

thmonkeylove.jpg

That's why we never schedule a definite installation date with the customer until we actually have the customers carpet in hand. We let them know and approximate delivery date when we order, and call them back again when it actually arrives to schedule installation.

Ant, I can't believe they are dragging their feet over the heater vent problem. I've accidently fogotten to cut out the vents before but when I was notified I went right back out and fixed the problem. (Once at 10 PM. It was a cold evening and they needed their heat! I wasn't even going to make them wait until the next day. My error and I fixed it.) Fortunately cutting out the vents is very simple, unless you really err and forget to remove the grate before before the put down the pad and the carpet. (My worst mistake was once when we were doing a vinyl, forgot to remove the grate, and installed a new subfloor over it.)

i think they are thinking they wont do anything till i pay the last 400$. when im saying they dont get paid till done. i dont get it either. ive had there cash but they never come. they call and send bills for the payment but dont fix. but i was warned about these guys and still went with them due to product.

Almost as bad as the time my dad's plumbers forgot to attach the shower drain to the plumbing. When they dug the foundation, they forgot to put a pipe for the shower. People bought the house and took a shower and wondered why there was a cool breeze coming up, turns out it was just draining out the bottom of the house. (My dad is a construction foreman for a contractor.)

Condor I did the same thing only it was the old battle ship lino and 1/4 plywood over the vent with the cover on it.What a pain had to go in the basement move a duct drill a hole make a pattern and then place it on the floor over the hole cut and slide the vent cover out.15 yrs installing then got into sales then became a mill rep

selling is easy installing is a young man's game

That's why we never schedule a definite installation date with the customer until we actually have the customers carpet in hand. We let them know and approximate delivery date when we order, and call them back again when it actually arrives to schedule installation.]

The funny thing, Conder101, is that they called yesterday morning at 8:00 AM as promised to confirm installation for between 11:00 and 1:00 the same day. Somewhere between 8:00 and 11:00, the carpet did a disappearing act. My guess...they had bigger accounts to do than my measily 1 room...but I don't think they anticipated the "noise" I made in order to get a rep back to the house that same day and pick out the replacement. If there is no installation on Monday (yes I reminded them it's a holiday) I'll involve the BBB, attorney general of the State of RI (also state dog catcher), Angie's List, the FBI, the CIA and some large Italian gentlemen with a big black car I happen to know from Providence. ;)

RI AL...Don't mess with Big Al!

and some large Italian gentlemen with a big black car I happen to know from Providence. ;)

I didn't know you had ties to the garbage business. My dad always tells stories about how the mafia ran the dumps. (I was born in RI, moved to SC when I was 8).

and some large Italian gentlemen with a big black car I happen to know from Providence. ;)

I didn't know you had ties to the garbage business. My dad always tells stories about how the mafia ran the dumps. (I was born in RI, moved to SC when I was 8).

I hear they are big into high fashion cement footwear too. :grin:

My girlfriend just went to a shoe convention (she works as a manager at a clothing store, so she has to pick out the new lines they'll carry. Incidentally, Dan Marino frequently shops at her store.) Anyways, I'll have to ask her if she picked up any of your cement brand.

My girlfriend just went to a shoe convention (she works as a manager at a clothing store, so she has to pick out the new lines they'll carry. Incidentally, Dan Marino frequently shops at her store.) Anyways, I'll have to ask her if she picked up any of your cement brand.

Just tell her to make sure there are no bodies attached.