• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does any one else here collect the coins of India?

10 posts in this topic

That is one dazzling rupee! Very, very nice.

I have only one coin from India, a twelth Anna from 1895, so I guess my answer is no. I do collect coins with a First World War theme but I havn't decided yet if India should be represented or not. If I ran across a rupee struck between 1914 and 1918 I think the decision would be quite easy to make.

-JamminJ

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing, those indeed fit my theme!

I've always liked the busts of George V, he looks quite "imperial" with the crown and clothing.

-JamminJ

shirohniichan,

I like George V rupees and 1/2 rupees from India because 1) they look great, 2) they rea readily available in UNC, and 3) because they are cheap.

True, true, and true! I think you may have won a prize. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John

John isn't it bad enough that I'm already collecting coins from half the known world and now you do this ??

Sheeeeesh - India now 893frustrated.gif

Just kiddin pal grin.gif very nice, very nice indeed 893applaud-thumb.gif