• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else get a......

12 posts in this topic

I just went onto eBay and and found out that I had a coupon for 8% off!!

8% off—save up to $100

Your Code: CTX2M9MU2BQ6YEFJ

Who's eligible?

Only invited, registered eBay users who receive the coupon by email from us or see the coupon in My eBay are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the coupon is not transferable. See Terms & Conditions below.

Here's how to redeem your coupon:

1. Start shopping on eBay. Be sure the seller accepts PayPal.

2. Pay for your item with PayPal before the expiration date (February 22, 2009).

3. Enter your code:

Have questions? Visit our step-by-step guide.

Terms and Conditions:

The offer will expire at 11:59:59 PM PT on February 22, 2009. Receive 8% off (maximum discount of $100) the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of a single item on eBay.com. Recipients of the coupon must be registered eBay members and pay for the item with PayPal.

The coupon is non-transferable, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, for one-time use only, and has no face value. The coupon is subject to U.S. laws and cannot be combined with any other coupon. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs to redeem the coupon is prohibited.

Purchases made through customized checkout systems which do not accept coupons are excluded.

I find it absolutely fascinating the extreme lengths that eBay must go to in order to convince people to use PayMorePal. If PayPal was so wonderful and so fantastic and so convenient, why wouldn't everyone just automatically accept it as a godsend? But no, there are many folks who refuse to accept it.

I wonder why hm ?

I didn't get one and I will take a precentage off coupon anytime I can get it.

I have spent a lot on paypal fees and it is nice to get some back.

My problem is they normally come right after a large purchase and it is hard to find something you need and is a good deal while still having the money left after your last purchase to get the item before it expires.

PayPal sucks.

Unfortunately, it's the fastest and cheapest way to get paid online.

I agree so I have moved all my incoming "payments" to other methods :)

I keep no cash there or if some comes in it gets moved out immedately

I pay all outgoing through paypal using a CC

I removed my bank account as a source of funds.

I removed my bank account as a source of funds.

Probably a smart thing to do. I also have done the same thing.

I don't like them having my bank account plus if someone hacked the account god

only knows how long it would take to get the money back.

I got one after I bought a Plasma TV on ebay for around $325.00. Atfter I pushed the Buy Now button and paid for it, I rthen ealized it was refurbished and canceled my order. The following week I received my coupon. So maybe you can get one that way.

I used my coupon on the 12th to buy a sealed brick of the new Lincoln pennies with the cancellation stamp of the Hodgedenville Post Office and thier selling like hot cakes.

The combination of listing, final value and paypal fees are too high. And I believe eBay fees were just raised. Depending upon the auction format, the total can run close to 10% which is a ridiculous amount when the seller is doing all of the work.