• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Registry - 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle Coin

8 posts in this topic

Guest Joiseygirl

We would like to take suggestions about where you believe the 2009 UHR Double Eagle coin belongs on the NGC Registry.

Thank you for our participation.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

I think you should change the name of the "American Eagle and Buffalo" category to either "Gold, Silver and Platinum Bullion" or "Eagles, Buffalos, and Ultra High Reliefs" or something similar and put it there. It is basically a bullion coin, even if marked up with a significant premium and sold primarily to collectors.

I think it should be like you suggest.

Change the name to Gold, Silver and Platinum Moderns

Then give it it's own category under that

I trust the Early Release date will be set soon as well

I think the interesting thing to see here is will this become a 1 coin registry set? Sure it can go with the others in the same category, but what set should it belong to?

Guest Joiseygirl

We have decided to add a slot to the following sets for the 2009 G$20 Ultra High Relief:

American Eagles 1986-date, Mint State

American Eagles 1986-date, Complete

Thank you for your input.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

The Mint has already decided to dump the fractional Eagles.

"as a result of the recent numismatic product portfolio analysis, fractional sizes of American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coins will no longer be produced."

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=13238&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10191&top_category=10191