• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1894 O Barber Half

7 posts in this topic

The rim bump concerns me a little bit, but this looks like an attractive piece otherwise. I would bid VF money and hope for an EF piece, but I wouldn't bid any higher than that based on those pictures. And Schatzy, I think the missing liberty is a function of the pictures, the rest of the coin is inconsistent with a G grade.

Yes, it has that bump on top, but if you look closer, it has the exact type of nick below the "9" on the obverse. As far as the grade, I wonder how much the wear is the bad picture. If it is pretty worn, that will bring the grade down even with the nicer reverse. I will probably go just to see the colors of the toning.

Like everyone else, I don't see the LIBERTY either but I bet it's the photograph that just doesn't show it. I'd go XF on this one except for, the rim nick.