• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST What you found in your change today!!

19 posts in this topic

I been thinking about new forum topics?

When I read the coin magazines I always go right to the coin find section.

So I decided that we start the offical What you found in your chage today!!

No change for me today as of yet but here is what I carry in my pocket with me:

1921 Polished Morgan - starting to wear the shine down finally after about a year

1890 S Morgan

1936 Boone

2001 D Half

2007 P Half

1927 Standing Liberty Quarter

1964 Dime

1936 Nickel

1857 Flying Eagle

7 Presidential/Sac dollar's

No, just needed to get a couple of coins down to the VF range for my type set. Plus it makes for great conversation topics when people here silver in change.

No, just needed to get a couple of coins down to the VF range for my type set. Plus it makes for great conversation topics when people here silver in change.

(thumbs u

A couple of weeks ago I got a 2006 d jefferson in some change from a vending machine . And while that might not seem strange. I live in New Zealand .

Removed from the payout tray from a nickel slot machine, this Lincoln cent was pressed, all be it not exactly round, but pressed to the diameter of a Jefferson nickel. I can read the date with a loupe, 1961 and you can just make out one of the columns of the memorial on the reverse. Some enterprising individual cheated the machine…I thought those slot machines were smarter than that?

lincolnnickel.jpg

Lincolnnickelrev.jpg

edit: Actually in hindsight, I was the one that was cheated since the machine paid me 1 nickel and all I got was a damaged cent. I was robbed of 4 cents!

15 Cents U.S. someone left in the Self-Checkout change tray at LOWES.

It's the first "CASH" purchase I've made in weeks so I ended up with a total of $1.04 in unsearched (by me) coins. Nothing of interest, just a bit of pocket change.

:(

I was going through my stockpile of pocket change last night. It was probably 5 or 6 months of accumulation. In it, I had 278 quarters, 106 of which were the old style (1965-1998), with the remaining 172 being the state quarters.

So, 38% of my quarters were the old style, and 62% of them were state quarters. I would be curious to see this ratio over the next few years. How long will it be until we rarely see the old quarters in change?

I was going through my stockpile of pocket change last night. It was probably 5 or 6 months of accumulation. In it, I had 278 quarters, 106 of which were the old style (1965-1998), with the remaining 172 being the state quarters.

So, 38% of my quarters were the old style, and 62% of them were state quarters. I would be curious to see this ratio over the next few years. How long will it be until we rarely see the old quarters in change?

Well, I don't think anybody is hoarding the 1965-98 quarters.

Anyways I thought I would figure out the mintage of the quarters.

1965-98 37,667,474,519

State Quarters 45,323,866,000

Using those mintage figures, 45% of the quarters minted since 1965 have been the old style, with the other 55% of them being the state quarters. Those percentages aren't too terribly far from what I found in my change.

I got 4 rolls of dime last night!!

I got the following:

(2) 1964

1991-D slightly off-center

199? looks like it was struck thru grease

The rest were just hole-fillers for a album.

I gave my little (age 11) cousin a 1909 - Present Lincoln Folder for x-mas.

The ablum had lots of wheaties and was almost complete from 1959-2008, he was

so happy to get the coins.He spend his allowance getting coins for the album.

Anyways I plan to give him the Roosevelt Dime album this year along with a state quarter frame completely done!!