• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1853 Certified No Arrows Short Set - Cross Your Fingers For Me...

8 posts in this topic

I've agreed to purchase the last coin (P-HD) I need to complete my "short set" of 1853 No Arrows Coins. For the year 1853 there were actually 5 different "No Arrow" coins. The "No Arrow" Half Dollar is unachievable due to price and rarity... just 3 known. This has been quite a project for me not only from the money side, but from just being able to find coins that can be certified as many of the remaining coins are problem coins, and the few certified examples that there are don't change hands often. In fact assuming the half dime "P" slabs; 3 out of the 4 coins were actually submitted from raw coins during the process of me putting the set together. The NA "P" Half Dime is being submitted by the dealer I agreed to purchase it from and my hope is that it will slab and be certified by PCGS somewhere in the 30 - 40 range. My thanks go out to all who've helped me and those who've tried to help me on completing this goal. Don't let the fact that these aren't "high end MS monsters" lead you to think that a "certified 1853 NA short set" is an easy task... it isn't. Wish me luck on the "P" half dime. I would love to finally complete this part of the 1853 year set. Thanks and comments good or bad welcome. I still have much to learn.

1853NoArrowsShortSet.jpg

Those population stats really jump out. As for grade and eye, they happen to be in my favorite grade range and have nice character to them.

Good luck and well done!

I certainly wish you the best of luck on your submission. What a great looking set of coins. Such original looks to them all. Congratulations on a job well done.

Jim