• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collector with a coin question...

6 posts in this topic

Hello coin collectors, I am a comic book collector so I am utterly clueless when I see a coin. I just assume the older ones have some sort of significance to them (sorta like comic books tongue.gif). Can some of you help me out with this one? I don't even know what country it is from. boo.gifsorry.gif

Here is the front of the coin (I think...I assume that the date is usually in the front):

2c%20December%2010%2c%202003%20%282%29.jpg' alt='2.gif.9fc66b13abe5d736a39bc1a668f42ae9.gif' alt='2c'>%202003%20%282%29.jpg'>

589a8b78250a7_333611-WednesdayDecember102003(2).jpg.9b62696394f077af563387219466e434.jpg

Hi NotMHChuck,

You've got yourself one of the 86 million pennies made in Great Britain for that year. Unfortunately it's a pretty common world coin and worth a buck or so in well circulated condition like yours.

You have the sides backwards, the front is the side with the bust of King George V.

-JamminJ

Hi NotMHChuck,

You've got yourself one of the 86 million pennies made in Great Britain for that year. Unfortunately it's a pretty common world coin and worth a buck or so in well circulated condition like yours.

You have the sides backwards, the front is the side with the bust of King George V.

-JamminJ

foreheadslap.gif Okay, I assumed that the date is in the front, just like United States coins. Thanks for the information. At least I now know...

a) where the coin is from and

b) who the stud is on the coin

One last question...who is that on back? Looks like a goddess from Roman mythology...

Hello coin collectors, I am a comic book collector so I am utterly clueless when I see a coin. I just assume the older ones have some sort of significance to them (sorta like comic books ).

Yea, that's the ticket. That is one very rare and esoteric coin. I'll tell ya what I'll do just for you ... I'll trade you ... ok, are you listening .. I'll trade you ONE whole DOZEN of these very rare and special coins for a mere comic book -- an Action Comics #1 . What a deal! Some junk comic book made in 1938 for TWELVE very old and historic coins. So, how about it, pal? shocked.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif