• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Van Burren Error Coin pf 69 for SALE

10 posts in this topic

I quote from About.com. "As a general rule.modern "PROOF" errors are scarce.

the requirements of special production hinder the number and types of error that can occur.

Also,Proof coins are placed into special packing which means that any aberrantly shaped error coin will liklely be discovered at tha packing stage.And last,the mint employs an high level off quality control surrounding the production of proof coinage..

As far as i Know no other PROOF M.Van Buren has been reported with this unique errror

2008 S M VAN BUREN ERROR COIN

NGC CERTIFIED PF69 ULTRA CAMEO

VERTICALLY MISALIGNED

Vertically misaligned is a common error on proof coins!!

You will be lucky if you can $100-$300 for the coin.

Rotated dies are a lot harder to get!!

Link to the coin!!

Thats what I was afraid of. I inquired about this and was told that this coin is worth between $3000 and $5000.

I think its best to get these things right out in the open..........

Thanks for your post !!!Have done some research and cannot find any info, that will support your comment that a Van Burren Proof coin vertically misaligned is a common error.

I always come with the same comments form NGC and other coin professionals (moderns proof errors are scarce.)Perhaps you have not seen the picture of the coin???.

Please direct me to any site that will support your comment.

Thanks