• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1991 Silver Eagle w/Pearl Harbor coin

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any information on a 1991 Silver Eagle $1 with a Pearl Harbor commemorative coin attached to it? I was told there are only 3 in existence. The Pearl Harbor coin is the part of the Silver Eagle and is located on the bottom left corner as a small circle about the size of a hearing aide battery.

Thanks and any information or help would be appreciated.

There is no such US Mint issue as you describe. What this is most likely would be a private, after-market alteration. The part about only three in existance appears to be a bit of puffery.

makes me think of the world coins that have the state quarters in them. but its 3am and i cant realy remember where i saw that. i wana say liberia or franklin mint maybe.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have a $5 coin in copper-nickel from the Marshall Islands that comemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack. Very cheesy, I know, but that's probably the coin described. I don't know of any association with a silver eagle, and that was almost certainly done in the aftermarket.

makes me think of the world coins that have the state quarters in them. but its 3am and i cant realy remember where i saw that.

They're from Australia.

makes me think of the world coins that have the state quarters in them. but its 3am and i cant realy remember where i saw that.

They're from Australia.

I doubt they will be very popular in Japan. :devil: