• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Cent thread. Post one you really like.

57 posts in this topic

At a much younger age I wanted one of every date. That changed to buying varieties I just had to have. Next I just had to have one in MS and next a proof.

It's a sickness. :)

Image_0946.jpg

Image_0949.jpg

Well......since I still don't have one, I thought I would post the one that got away.

I had my eye on this coin but the day that I was able to bid my computer crashed

and a long story short I didn't get my coin. What I was going to bid was more than

it went for. It went for $207!! Well the search continues till I find another one!!

1851 1C NGC MS63 RB

18511CA.jpg

Then there's this sad looking BOOBY, F-12 PCGS. My SILLY HEAD got BB'd, and rightfully so. Need to replace her. I call this pair, "my UGLY sisters".

booby001-1.jpg

boobyr-1.jpg

silly2001-1.jpg

silly2002-1.jpg

Here's my one and only.I'm hoping it grows on me. Pretty rough shape but my previous 1801 was basically slick and cleaned to copper color. Can't say I really like it.Not at this time anyway

1803Cent1.jpg

1802Cent2.jpg

Even given the low grade, I really like this '93 cent. I've had lots of opportunities to upgrade but just can't seem to part with it. Smoooooth chocolate....

2501531-010O.jpg

2501531-010R.jpg

The nice coins keep coming, and MarkT there is no reason to qualify your statements about the Classic Head large cent since all of these are tough! (thumbs u

Really nice coins folks but we need more. This is the last cool image I have ready.

Fair warning. If the images don't keep coming in I'll be forced to post some really ugly ones. :grin:

Image_0280-600X.jpg

Image_0282-600X.jpg

The nice coins keep coming, and MarkT there is no reason to qualify your statements about the Classic Head large cent since all of these are tough! (thumbs u

I think at least 90 % of the coins I bought when I was a kid were cleaned , altered or damaged in some way ! There guy who sold me this coin also had a pet store in the same store – go figure !! I looked at that coin probably for days and then I gathered up the money to buy it. I had no idea it was corroded , heck I did not even know what corrosion was on a coin back then. You don’t see that many 1810/09 Large Cents for sale now , so at least I picked a good date . :/