• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

North Carolina rolls

7 posts in this topic

Hi there .. at a recent auction i picked these Mint rolls .. both for 2001 D North Carolina and i was wondering if there were any "Mint errors" known which would make it worth opening them .. or shall i chuck them in the loft for the next 20 years ??

100_0652.jpg

cheers yaall!!

You can keep them if you like in the loft for the next 20 years. With inflation the face value is more now than it will be then. Numismaticaly I doubt few rolls of state quarters will demand hefty future premiums in our lifetimes. Maybe these will be the exception ;)

There are mint errors in EVERY issue of state quarters, and every years issue of cents, nickels, dimes, half dollars, sacs, and president dollars. So EVERY roll of coins has the potential to have a mint error in it. An EXTREMELY small potential, but it's there.