• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Errors

2 posts in this topic

I have some NGC Slab coins with labels that are not correct or missing error information.

One of the slabs I have a 1868 3cn in the slab but the label shows 1866 as the date.

Another slab I have a 3CN in the slab by the label shows 3CS

I also have two coins that has a rotated reverse one about 150 degrees the other is a full 180 degree off.

I have heard that NGC will fix the error on the first two if I send them back and of course I have to pay the shipping charges but would they also notate the rotated reverse? I can understand missing hard to see errors such as double dies but when it is something like a 180 degree rotated reverse I think they should of caught that.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The mislabeled coins will be fixed at no charge, aside from the return postage. You may want to just send them in with another submission, putting the mislabeled ones on a separate submission form.

Regarding the rotated reverses, NGC will note these when they are mentioned on the submission form at the time the raw coin is graded, and when the MINT ERROR box is checked. There's no additional charge for this, but the graders simply won't be looking for it when it's not mentioned on the form.

To get the rotation noted on a coin already certified by NGC will require a DESIGNATION REVIEW. The fee for this is $10, which includes the reholdering charge.