• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AT or NT?

13 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'd like to submit both of these along with some other untoned Morgans before my membership expires in March. Can you guys tell if it's AT or NT. On the 86 rainbow I've seen plenty almost identical in NGC or PCGS slabs.The scuff on the cheek is very enhanced by a reflection and the close-up photo.It hardly looks like that in hand.The 85 is not a rainbow but the colors are very pastel like.Thanks for looking.

86bow2.jpg

86rev.jpg

85Odmpl3.jpg

85Odmpl4.jpg

Both of them look definitely NT to me. These are both common patterns for natural toning, and I would have no hesitations in submitting these. They are both fairly attractive, if somewhat dark.

Thanks guys,

They are both much better than the lousy pictures.Sometimes my pictures turn out fantastic,other times they are .I don't know exactly why.I don't change the settings much and the lighting is usually the same.

I paid basically chump change for one so it's not a big deal to get them slabbed. Although,I'm still debating which to send. I have some others that are better that are definitely going.

They both look NT to me. The obverse of the second one looks a bit odd but its reverse color makes me think it's OK.

Glad you're more knowledgeable than me on these Mark. I was thinking just the opposite on the second coin. (shrug)

They both look NT to me. The obverse of the second one looks a bit odd but its reverse color makes me think it's OK.

UH.Oh. Odd. When you say odd I have to wonder what it means. The pictures aren't good like I said and the obverse has some brownish toning here an there. I've been trying to get some better pics but I think I temporarily(I hope)lost the touch.

NT, NT. They both look fine to me. I doubt you'de have any trouble getting those into holders. There are many many examples with the same color pattern in both NGC and PCGS holders.