• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which coin albums "tone" the best colors?

5 posts in this topic

I recommend picking up some vintage Whitman albums. I have a whole shelf full of them, empty except for a few coins "in progress". I also have Wayte Raymond holders.

I will. When you say "vintage", does that style have a particular series number or date of manufacture?

What do you think of the "Library of Coins" albums?

I recommend picking up some vintage Whitman albums. I have a whole shelf full of them, empty except for a few coins "in progress". I also have Wayte Raymond holders.

I will. When you say "vintage", does that style have a particular series number or date of manufacture?

What do you think of the "Library of Coins" albums?

LOC albums don't tone nearly as quickly, in my experience, and they tend to tear at the spine, so it's hard to find nice ones. You can find tons of 1950s - 1960s Whitman albums at coin club meetings, flea markets, coin shows, etc. Pass on the later ones (1978 and later).

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The Whitman albums to which he's referring are the "Bookshelf" line, which were published 1961-78. I don't have any comment regarding how well they tone coins.