• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Kind of Slab / Holder is it?

5 posts in this topic

So I have done some serious looking around the web to no avail. As far as I can determine it is an 80's David Hall Holder that has had the info card cut off. What is odd is the airtite holder sealed in this. I have never seen another one with it. I own 2 of them bought at the same time. Killer coins inside them. 1937 D Lincoln Cents. Monster Toned both of them, simular as well. MS66 or MS67 coins.

dhh.jpg

So what is the story on this? Conder or anybody else?

You have it exactly right a pre-PCGS David Hall flip with the info label cut off. Probably early 1980's. These are somewhat scarce but they do show up from time to time. With the label cut off though it is not really very desirable for the holder. He had probably graded it lower than what the seller though it would be if it was graded today so they removed the label.

So why not a Kointain vs the Airtite? Never seen an Airtite before. Only Kointains seen in these holders. Unless I am missing something. I just always assumed someone thought the other side of the holder with the info in it was in the way so they cut it off.