• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't want no drama--no, no drama

49 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear he treated you so poorly, I'm not sure what "massa" is but I've heard its a racist comment. Hope it gets worked out.

"Massa" is a dialectic form of "Master" used by black slaves prior to the civil war. Similarly, if you ever hear "hoss," it means "boss."

No problem, kevin. It's not your fault but it may delay you getting your halves a bit if i need to reship them.

neg him

block him

better yet stay off of sleezebay a truly wicked place full of sters

also i am not too happy as i am the only massa of victor lol

First I would like to say that there is no reason for him to of said "yes, massa" but at the same time I agree with physics and it is common in the south. Should it of been said? NO! Do people talking like that tick me off? Of course it does. Did he mean anything by it or is he suck a insufficiently_thoughtful_person he doesn't know better? We will never know but if it is probably the later of the two. Should Neg feedback be left? No, I don't think so. You purchased the coins and he shipped to the address he is supose to and followed all Ebay's rules. On the communication while it is by no means professional it seems to me that you have gotten a reply every time you have contacted this person. While it may not be what you want to here he is communicating. As far as feedback goes it should be fair not one sided. Maybe something like "coins recevied as distribed - will not use again do to racist comment" By saying this you will give honest feed back that while the transaction went threw ok and you are WARNING others so it is not a shock when they talk to him :)

also i am not too happy as i am the only massa of victor

michael, this is probably the funniest thing you've ever posted.

That is pretty funny. lol But Mike and I have been buds for years. Makes all the difference in the world.

So, poll time:

I would have to say Pos. Vic. He is following the rules even if he knows he could be a little more customer friendly. I would never buy from him again tho'.

I vote neutral, and tell it like it is. I dont think its right to be mad he didnt want to break the rules, but he definitely crossed a line with his response. Racist or not on this MLK day, it was rude.

Positive and leave him a "generic" comment as he did nothing wrong except be a rude arrogant derogatory seller - He is not alone as a seller with this kind of attitude.

Definitely slam him with LACK OF STARS.

Sorry, but this post reminds me of Jesse and Al.

Trying to stir a pot that that has been crusted over for years, just to smell the stink.

I think the guy was just tired after 3 answers, after all, HE was going by the rules.

Down here in the south, I am all the time telling my wife "Yes Massa", when I get a honeydo list.

If you guys don't like it, then stay up north...that is the way it is down here....

It is and always will be a part of our lifestyle. The comment has nothing to do with race, but more of a " Ok, I am tired of hearing you whine, I will do as you say boss"

Of course, there are those out there just waiting to jump on anything even remotely seeming racist just to see the ruckus that ensues (Ruckus is a southern word also)

I would like to add that on this day when we are inaugurating a Black president, it is high time to get over the race card thing.

Flame away....I can handle it. :flamed:

MM

About half of the comments I'm reading here are about as arrogant and rude as seller. I was born in Arkansas and raised in Oklahoma with summers spent in Vegas so I need no schooling on southern etiquite. As a matter of fact, I'm leaving Vegas today and am going back to north central Arkansas where my place is so remote that you won't find it on a map.

What people have lost is respect for their fellow man. I will give respect until someone crosses the line which I have seen crossed both by the seller and by some rookie and/or infrequent posters here.

You "southerners" are so damn embarrassing that I may for once in my life consider moving to a rude-assed yankee state where they apparently have much better manners than most of you! So bite me! and crawl back across the street. I'm hitting the road.

p.s. You regular NGC boardsters--I still love ya, man, regardless of your opinion. :grin:

Sorry, but this post reminds me of Jesse and Al.

Trying to stir a pot that that has been crusted over for years, just to smell the stink.

I think the guy was just tired after 3 answers, after all, HE was going by the rules.

Down here in the south, I am all the time telling my wife "Yes Massa", when I get a honeydo list.

If you guys don't like it, then stay up north...that is the way it is down here....

It is and always will be a part of our lifestyle. The comment has nothing to do with race, but more of a " Ok, I am tired of hearing you whine, I will do as you say boss"

Of course, there are those out there just waiting to jump on anything even remotely seeming racist just to see the ruckus that ensues (Ruckus is a southern word also)

I would like to add that on this day when we are inaugurating a Black president, it is high time to get over the race card thing.

Flame away....I can handle it. :flamed:

MM

One things for sure, there’s not much slave humor up here in the north…

You "southerners" are so damn embarrassing that I may for once in my life consider moving to a rude-assed yankee state where they apparently have much better manners than most of you!

CT, perhaps? hm:headbang:

A quoted earlier in this thread:

Sorry, but this post reminds me of Jesse and Al. Trying to stir a pot that that has been crusted over for years, just to smell the stink."

Well, being a "sensitive sort of guy", Morganman, I'm not quite sure how I find myself (Al) in the middle of this controversy. Though I have some feelings regarding the actions of the seller in question, I haven't expressed them here (until now). In short, "what did I do"? hm

Many of us here have used E-Bay for quite some time, (myself for about 10 years) and I feel confident in saying that many if not most of us have run into a buyer/seller that displays, shall we say, less than stellar ethics. I even had 1 seller e-mail me with "butt out ---hole" when I advised him of an error in his listing. Heck...I was just trying to help. The world is full of interesting people, and I could spend my whole lifetime worrying why everyone doesn't share my ethics and standards. Disappointing, yes, that people can be crude and offensive, and though I try not to make it my approach to things, I can't change the actions of others.

Reading through this thread, there seem to be many stinging comments both ways between online friends that share a mutual love of coins. In a way, are we not behaving in a similar way to the original seller?? Agree or not agree, that's fine...but to leave the board in anger is a loss to everyone.

Someone once said to me, "that's why God invented chocolate AND vanilla". I'm a chocolate fan myself...but I would be totally out of place to criticize the opinions of someone who liked vanilla (misguided though he may be :kidaround:) .

Let's lighten up, guys. This is a place for fun, sharing of knowledge and a mutual love of coins. Let's not lose sight of that because of the actions of someone on e-Bay whose choice of words is questionable at best, and just plain offensive at worst.

And there you have my B S comment for the day. I fully understand if some of you have the sudden urge to make a mad dash for the bathroom. :o

Have a good afternoon, all.

RI AL

You "southerners" are so damn embarrassing that I may for once in my life consider moving to a rude-assed yankee state where they apparently have much better manners than most of you! So bite me! and crawl back across the street. I'm hitting the road.

Ouch. :flamed:

I wouldn't call it a lack of manners so much as a refusal to let it bother me. It takes a lot to get most people from East Texas fired up. In the case of your "Yes Massa," comment I see the potential for it to have been humorous and somewhat good natured from the seller's viewpoint. This wasn't how you received it and it might not have been how they meant it, but I generally try to assume the best in people.

I've only ever been truely pissed off and completely unforgiving with an eBay seller 1 time. That's largely because I don't like being lied to for 3 weeks and I REALLY don't like being called a racist skinhead just because I negged them over it. That also happens to have been the only time I have ever negged a seller. That was a clear and direct insult to me. I don't see that in the case you presented.

First, RI AL, I was not referring to you, but Al Sharpton, but I sense you knew that.

I stand my ground on the rest.

When the seller first balked at sending the stuff to another address, it should have just been a simple "OK, send to the confirmed address". When he did not do so, the seller could have just grown tired of the hassle and sent the wise crack.

What bothers me is how you all are assuming the massa comment was racist, then you even do the "vanilla-chocolate" thing, which IS racist. It works both ways, but no one seems to see that.

This is how stuff gets blown WAY out of proportion. Someone tries to make a big deal out of someting simple.

With where this has gone, I think the admins just need to close the thread.

MM

MorganMan

Thanks for the clarification. I WAS confused for a moment or 2 as I didn't realize there was another AL in this thread. Please accept my apology.

Regarding my quote, "that's why God invented vanilla and chocolate"... nothing racist intended...or even entered my mind. There seems to be some hyper-sensitivity on this issue, and perhaps it's understandable..but I would be most grateful if you would not include me in the racist category. Is the expression "the difference is like black and white" racist?

I try not to be critical of others, but if I may say, I think you have gone a bit overboard on this one.

We can't undo history, and some terms might be offensive when speaking of the history of this country and the language of the past. Still, it remains history, and whether some people like it or not, the past is the past and can't be changed. Modern day opinions and viewpoints CAN change however, as clearly evidenced by today's history making events. Pockets of ignorance will always remain...but in all honesty...I believe that no mal-intent was made by anyone in this thread.

You're right, MorganMan...this is going nowhere except downhill...perhaps the powers that be SHOULD delete the thread. I don't know how much more can or needs to be said. It's a shame that the bulletin board will lose you because of what I truly believe is a misunderstanding or unfortunate interpritation of an actual event.

Have a good evening. Believe me, no offense intended! RI AL