• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a bit confused about which NCS service to use.

3 posts in this topic

Hello and thanks for your help. I have a coin that I would like to submit to NCS. I would like to have it "conserved" because of discoloration but I am a bit confused as to which NCS service to request. I am quite confident that the coin is genuine. Also, it is in an NNC slab currently. Does NCS crack out coins or do I need to submit it raw? Also, which service would I use to have the variety attributed?

Many thanks. I'm sure you get questions like this often, but I have read the list of services on the NCS site, but am still confused as to which I should request.

RI AL

It sounds as though you already know what services you would like to have performed to your coin. I am assuming the trouble you are running into are on how to complete the submission form.

To have your coin conserverd you will want to check the box "Conserve all coins on invoice" in section #5.

You will then need to indicate what you would like to have done with your coin following the conservation in section #6.

Variety Plus Attribution is a box to check in section #7 Optional Services.

I would recommend leaving your coin currently in its certified holder. Part of the evaluation for conservation will be to determine if the currently stated grade will at least be maintained following the conservation. If you are will to accept a lower grade, indicate this in the notes section when you list the coin in section #8.

Chris, NCS

Thank you, Chris.

Sorry that it took me so long to get back to this topic but you answered my question exactly.

THANK YOU!!

RI AL