• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is this?

10 posts in this topic

i can find 5 pounds but not 5 shillings. this coin is big and round lol and came in a nice slide box. dated 1951. great strike but im lost as to what it is. and where can i find a mintage number :P

please and thanks

forumcoinsales010-1.jpg

forumcoinsales009-1.jpg

forumcoinsales012.jpg

forumcoinsales011-1.jpg

It is a CROWN - KM 880. copper-nickel

If it is a prooflike mintage was 2,004,000.

If it is a frosted cameo-relief V.I.P. Proof mintage was 30 ~ 50.

If it is a matte Proof mintage was 1 ~ 2.

lol i was going to say the measurements but couldnt find the tool lol so the first thing i could say was that :P i cant seem to find any info on the box or how many was made :( that would sure help. pl seems like a normal strike to me and this is all fancy -ish :P

I've got one of these crown pieces too, but mine has a green box. Mine seems to have a bit of haziness to it while yours seems to have some toning. Probably keeping them in the box was not the best idea.

Pat

I'm fairly certain I've seen the green box, but 100% sure I've had the reddish-purple box. Many times. Nice looking coin, but not easy to sell. My 2c as a retailer.

Andy