• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Pet Peeves on the Registry

5 posts in this topic

1. I think it should be easier to get a list of people that have you added as a "friend." Unless I'm missing something, it's almost impossible to figure out at the moment. You can get a list of the people that a person has added easily enough, but not a list of the people that have added them. It doesn't bother me so much in regard for other people but I should be able to get the list for myself.

2. I think it should be easier to see a list of a persons journals. The 'pick a date range' thing is annoying. The list that shows up at the bottom of the journal view page should be i) Longer and ii) if you're looking at an old journal, you should be able to see some of the entries that came after that, it shouldn't just skip to the most recent journals.

3. The Registry is set up so that if you're viewing your own set, it doesn't count as a "view" for purposes of the counter. Why can't the same be done for journals?

Just noticed something else that might be nice to fix:

When I'm updating several coins at once (clicked on the "Edit Set" tab) and also update the set description, the introduction doesn't save when I click on "save coin changes" and the coin changes don't save when I click on the "save" button below the set description. Any way to make one save button that works for everything?

• Administrator
1. I think it should be easier to get a list of people that have you added as a "friend." Unless I'm missing something, it's almost impossible to figure out at the moment. You can get a list of the people that a person has added easily enough, but not a list of the people that have added them. It doesn't bother me so much in regard for other people but I should be able to get the list for myself.

2. I think it should be easier to see a list of a persons journals. The 'pick a date range' thing is annoying. The list that shows up at the bottom of the journal view page should be i) Longer and ii) if you're looking at an old journal, you should be able to see some of the entries that came after that, it shouldn't just skip to the most recent journals.

3. The Registry is set up so that if you're viewing your own set, it doesn't count as a "view" for purposes of the counter. Why can't the same be done for journals?

I agree with #1 and in fact I think it's on a version planning list somewhere, but just hasn't risen to the top.

#2 looks like an implementation issue. There should be pagination at the bottom of that page just like there is on this one:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/MoreJournals.aspx?tab=RecentJournals

We'll look into it. I like the idea of a second box of articles before and after the current entry too.

#3 Is also something that's been on the version plan, but against just hasn't been a pressing priority. But I agree. It's nice to be able to see how much play a journal article is getting without counting the reloads of the writer. So it will probably come at some point, but no promises on when at this point unfortunately.