• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest coin from Sheridan Downey

15 posts in this topic

I love this one. Been trying to figure out how to capture all the clashes and cracks, but I just think my camera is not capable so this is the best I could do:

100_1883.jpg

100_1884.jpg

Date.jpg

LeftStars.jpg

RightStars.jpg

The reverse has significant clashes all over the place, including in the shield, and below the left wing. The toning prevents me from easily showing the luster, but the coin is properly graded.

Feel free to comment, and it should be easy to guess which coin it is.

I would have owned this one, except I did not want to pay the asking price. Hard to find a nicer one in PCGS 55.

Be sure to post it on CoinZip.

I would have owned this one, except I did not want to pay the asking price. Hard to find a nicer one in PCGS 55.

Be sure to post it on CoinZip.

Oooh don't worry bout coinzip. It'll git there.

I wavered over the price, but after a hard study, this one is worth it. It looks better in hand and the blotchy toning disappears when tilted in light in the luster. These 14/3's have gotten so out of control price wise that I just had to do it. I suspect that in auction it would have come close to this as yes, it is a solid and eye appealing 55.

Thanks for the appreciation guys. This one is an ex-Daniel Holmes coin for what its worth. O-101A R2. This one truly fills a hole and I was not expecting to fill it with such a great coin. One of these days a better camera is on order to show off the minute details...

Cheers!